• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Steam forum, they said it would be someone time next week, but they won't release the date until 24 hours prior, in case they have to push it back. In other words, they DID push back the beta. Whoopty-doo, a week or less of beta prior to 8/30 for $10, or a 25% premium on the purchase price. That stupid hat better replace my wife in many respects for that ... oh, wait, I don't have Killing Floor ...

Upvote 0
it breaks my heart to read that on the Beta community as they seem to struggle to fill up the 64 ppl server. I guess so many of us would like to join but can't.

As an alpha tester for BF3 there NEVER was an issue with servers filling up. I played all times during the day and always found populated servers.

Someone at Tripwire clearly wasn't thinking straight when they sent out "friends and family" beta invites to just under 200 people.

How on earth do you expect to get 1/3 of the people on a 64 player server for a stress test when (I bet) a good portion of them are on completely different continents and timezones.

Smart planning there Tripwire...smart planning.

Upvote 0
Well they should have mentioned something. Will Steam auto DL both? Are they going to give us a link? I paid extra....they better do something....should fill us in allitle better then what's going on.

Chill out. You will read on the forum when the beta starts. On that date you start Steam and you will see the beta in your game library. You install it and have fun for a couple of weeks. When the release date comes along you download the full client and live happily ever after.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.