• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right, other than the big trailer that was on just about every video game news website on earth and even your sig, an entire week of having a full page takeover on Rock Paper Shotgun last week, the cover tip on for PC Gamer magazine US, nothing concrete has come out this month :rolleyes:

John, you guys are doing a remarkable job, keep it up. When it's ready - it's ready.

Reactions: Srinidhalaya
Upvote 0
Your right, other than the big trailer that was on just about every video game news website on earth and even your sig, an entire week of having a full page takeover on Rock Paper Shotgun last week, the cover tip on for PC Gamer magazine US, nothing concrete has come out this month :rolleyes:

from the sentence it seemed that every day should have been released a video or something :rolleyes:

but as I've said, i don't want to complain, I love you too much :D

Upvote 0
The youth responds (sorta)

The youth responds (sorta)

Maybe this is a generation thing? Sometimes I get the feeling the the younger generation of people who play video games cant live without some HD Trailers with a lot of explosions and dramatic music and james cameron stuff in it. :)
As a member of the 'younger generation' I will play ambassador here: *facepam*. Idk if it's just me but I just can't wait to get my grimy Beevor (its a good book on Stalingrad, read it) prepped hands all over the full build. The videos are just to tide people over, though I did love the comedic timing in the remembering trailer. Top notch work by old Russian man. Little Tolya can go piss off. Let the old man do his thing and stop interrupting his gaming sesh. He's obviously planning for the next IC campaign.

Upvote 0
Any official news on when is the beta coming? The release has to be close, you could give an estimate now that we are so close... And about the HD content, cam videos are good to see mechanics, but we wanna see the game in its full 1080p glory!

Well, TWI claims that no internal release date has been pushed back. So we can assume that the original beta release date hasn't changed. So they can't be more than 12 days away from release.

Upvote 0
Hey I don't get it either :) Hours of cam vids on the web showing most facets of the gameplay already. But hey, we'll release an HD vid soon enough anyway.

Reading text is unimportant these days to get new players in. The interviews would be a nice addition to the videos. however except the first trailer and some shaky cam videos there isn't much to show. you are hard working so lift the NDA let the DDE players in and we can do our own videos ;)

Edit: For example show me 1 tank combat movie to lure people into this game :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sometimes I get the feeling the the younger generation of people who play video games cant live without some HD Trailers with a lot of explosions and dramatic music and james cameron stuff in it.

No dramatic music please, thats the problem with the two trailers already...

They're aiming for a release next week, from a french website.
This was also mentioned in the main website's FAQ page before it was taken down.

We already have the first of the press in the Beta, with a “preview” phase for the press scheduled to run over the next couple of weeks or so. After that, we’ll be ready for the final phase of the beta, with the pre-purchasers getting their hands on the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey I don't get it either :) Hours of cam vids on the web showing most facets of the gameplay already. But hey, we'll release an HD vid soon enough anyway.

Well so far it has mostly been a showcase of the game it's features against bots. There is very little footage that actually shows some people just playing the game. So people like what they have gotten, but some people got some fear of things and gameplay and seeing all is well will help them ^^.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
operation fill up the uk servers

operation fill up the uk servers

it breaks my heart to read that on the Beta community as they seem to struggle to fill up the 64 ppl server. I guess so many of us would like to join but can't.
Despite other news I still hope to get the Beta release this weekend as otherwise many employers will see very tired RO damaged people next week on weekdays ("just one more map!" @3 am on a Tuesday).

Yoshi will get his free dental treatment from me then after such a night....:)

Still all respect to TWI and thanks for making games for someone like me!

It makes me feel like a little boy before Christmas just without knowing the date....

Reactions: Zips
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.