• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For those asking "When is the DE beta"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm seeing a lot of people asking "why don't you just announce the date of the DDE beta"? Actually it is more along the lines of "you guys know when the beta will be, just tell us!!!" We do have a target date for the DDE beta, but it's not set in stone. What day it starts on depends on how quickly the current batch of bug fixing gets completed. In other words, if we give you a date right now and it moves, you'll just be disappointed. So we're going to wait until we're ready to announce the date. Those that ordered the DDE will get a lot of time with the game before it ships, and we'll give you a date as soon as WE have a firm date.

Very smart to not disappoint us more than with the releasedate :)
The game look's perfect Ramm-Jaeger!:eek:

Upvote 0
Most likely the beta is already late from the internal dates (unless they were really planning on shorter than 1-week beta which then smells like a money-grab. A week is not a lot for 8 euros). They can just say "we were on time" when it is announced because well, that's the good side of never giving dates to anyone - nobody knows when it was supposed to be out!

Can a pre-order be cancelled as long as the game isn't released btw?

Edit: Also, in b4 "hurr durr you also get TF2 hats and KF skins" Yeah, I do. I don't play those games. I bet a lot of people don't. Also, in b4 tons of angry fanboys. Forget your emotion before grabbing your pitchforks and read the post again. Did it make sense?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When you placed the pre-order there was a writen date for the beta? No.
What it's your complain then?

The game had a release date, but it was delayed 2 WEEKS (looks like an eternity for some people).
When they announced the delay it was implied that the beta timing hadn't changed, something along the lines of "This means you get to play the beta longer!". That there is no word one week prior to the initial release date is odd, to say the least.

Upvote 0
Iirc one of the reasons for pushing the release was, that TWI could implement fixes and improvements for bugs/glitches surfacing during the last beta phase.
I just wounder how this works with only 3 weeks to the release and no word of the beta.
I smell another delay!
Well they said in that nofrag interview that announcement of the beta will come the night before or so...

Upvote 0
Well they said in that nofrag interview that announcement of the beta will come the night before or so...

Indeed.

People should really learn how to read before jumping to conclusions.

They've said the beta will be anounced the night before release. So the fact that it hasn't been announced yet, doesn't mean it won't be, or that it will be delayed.

They may very well be right, mind you, but the conclusions they've drawn stems from pessimism and isn't actually founded on things TWi hasn't announced yet, since there is still time.

Upvote 0
Most likely the beta is already late from the internal dates (unless they were really planning on shorter than 1-week beta which then smells like a money-grab. A week is not a lot for 8 euros). They can just say "we were on time" when it is announced because well, that's the good side of never giving dates to anyone - nobody knows when it was supposed to be out!

Can a pre-order be cancelled as long as the game isn't released btw?

Edit: Also, in b4 "hurr durr you also get TF2 hats and KF skins" Yeah, I do. I don't play those games. I bet a lot of people don't. Also, in b4 tons of angry fanboys. Forget your emotion before grabbing your pitchforks and read the post again. Did it make sense?
Money grab? what would you say that 15 euros 5 maps is? TWI is one of the last good developers, i would gladly pay 70-80 euros for this game it it so well made compared to others like black ops witch i paid 60 euros for and that was just a cheap re skin of the previous cod, total scam.

Upvote 0
Money grab? what would you say that 15 euros 5 maps is? TWI is one of the last good developers, i would gladly pay 70-80 euros for this game it it so well made compared to others like black ops witch i paid 60 euros for and that was just a cheap re skin of the previous cod, total scam.
So what does Call of Duty, Activision or your misinformed buy have to do with the beta possibly being delayed?

Reactions: teemu92
Upvote 0
6EVeo.jpg

All quiet on the eastern front.

Upvote 0

I've been on this forum since 2009. Don't come telling me what Tripwire is(was), I'm just saying what I've conceived so far.

Also, you knew what Black Ops was going to be. We don't know what's HoS going to be. Yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: heady89 and teemu92
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.