• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For Poeple That Can't Start the Game - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No love

No love

Ok, so I'm no computer wizard, but heres what I know:

Intel Celeron 2.2GHz
GForce FX 5200
Soundblaster Audigy SE
512 RAM
Windows XP Pro 2002

When I try to launch from Steam I get the splash, then this error:
this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. pleas contact the applications' support team for... blah blah blah...

But it just closes.. no restart.
All I gotta say is hey whahhappen? :confused:

Attachments

• Files for helping me.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Since I had some problems with the attachments. I've got a friend of mine to host it for a couple of days. I hope someone will take the files before that:) Here is the link: http://thegrodd.com/red_orchestra.zip My computer specs: Intel Pentium 4 - 2,8 ghz 1024 RAM 6600 GT, 128 MB HD = 240 GB Sound Audigy 2Z - something My error message that sometimes appear is: Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48] OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600) CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2809 MHz with 1023MB RAM Video: No Video Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file History: UObject::SafeLoadError

Upvote 0
father_obvious said:
Ok, so I'm no computer wizard, but heres what I know:

Intel Celeron 2.2GHz
GForce FX 5200
Soundblaster Audigy SE
512 RAM
Windows XP Pro 2002

When I try to launch from Steam I get the splash, then this error:
this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. pleas contact the applications' support team for... blah blah blah...

But it just closes.. no restart.
All I gotta say is hey whahhappen? :confused:

Have you tried any of these Father Obvious

Error: C++ Library Runtime Error
Fix1:
1. Find your steam/steamapps/yournamehere/redorchestra directory.
2. Delete your RedOrchestra folder (WARNING: Back up your user and redorchestra.ini files to save your settings)
3. Restart Steam

Fix2:
1) Start up Steam and go to "My Games" list
2) Right click on Red Orchestra, click on "Properties"
3) Go to the "Local Files" tab
4) Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"
5) When its done, restart Steam
6) If you havn't Create Desktop Icon for RO
7) Start RO *Without being logged on* using this icon

Fix3: Sometimes after deleting your RedOrchestra.ini it won't regenerate right
1) If opening your redorchestra.ini shows it to be blank, replace it with the text in the default.ini

Upvote 0
I tried all the fixes that seemed to apply to my problem on this thread...

When I try to delete my red orch. folder my computer restarts. The only way I could get rid of it was to put it in the trash, then use the delete local files thing in steam... it would then let me empty the trash.
So I redownloaded and installed... same thing: splash screen, then: Readtime error. Also I don't have folder lock.

I'm confused.

Upvote 0
OK the problem that Iam having is that I play the game for about 1min or so and then my comp just crashes. Ive posted two windows minidumps I dont know which is the one that you guys need I found two in their corresponding folders and Iam posting both of them along with my log file. I don't have a RO minidump file so I didn't post it up.

System specs:
Windows Xp pro SP2
AMD athlon 64 3500+ 2.21GHz
1.50gb RAM
ATI 9800 pro

Attachments

• Red orchestra.zip
    32.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I just bought and downloaded the game, and i got this freeze/lockup problem. So my first impression is ruined, i'm sure it improves when i actually can play the game.

It does not produce windows dump file or red orchestra dump file since the entire computer goes into a lockup freeze crash.

It's a total lockout in the menus after i click Practice, if i skipped them fast i actually managed to get in the game for 5 sec, then it locks. There comes some sound each time it locks too. If i join Multiplayer i can join a server and play for about 30 sec, and same type of crash. Symptons of this crash looks like a driver or memory conflict in the system, but i don't have such problems with my computer.

Test i have tried so far:
Start with default settings
Modifyed settings
Deleted entire red orchestra folder
Verified Integrity of the file
Redownloaded the files in steam

The lockup freeze crash continues and do not make any dump files.

Starting the game with launch option "-safe" gives me only "General protection fault!" all the time.

After a "normal" lockup freeze crash, the "redorchestra.ini" file is corrupt (or perhaps another one), because i get the "General protection fault!" sometimes after i try to start it again.

Yes i run Windows x64 bit wich is superior compared to Windows 32 bit, and i have no problems in any applications or other games.

System specs:
Windows Xp Pro x64-bit
AMD athlon 64 4000+(2,4 Ghz)
Gigabyte K8NXP-9 (Nforce 4 Ultra)
2GB RAM (4x 512MB)
500GB S-ATA Striping (2x 256GB Western Digital Special Raid Edition)
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2
Point of View Nvidia Geforce 6800 Ultra PciE

Attachments

• RedOrchestra.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Runtime error at startup

Runtime error at startup

View attachment dump.zip

I have tried the suggested fixes including disabling Norton Internet Security. Tried installing on two other computers with same error:

-Runtime error after the splashscreen, and do not need to reboot windows. RedOrchestra.exe Runtime Error, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Attached are files requested. The Red Orchestra log file has zero bytes. No windows minidump file

I am running Win XP Prof, Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHZ, 1GB Ram, ATI Radeon X850 256MB Ram.

Upvote 0
Reinstalled windows, didn't help at all. Still got the same issue

I disabled DEP in windows and tried again. I could play for 30 sec, then the game closed and i got this:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2415 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Series GPU (9128)

General protection fault!

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::Unlock <- UViewport::Unlock <- UWindowsViewport::Unlock <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Arad: Romanian-Hungarian border, 19th September 1944 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm having this -normal- problem:

Code:
 Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2202 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (8421)

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free
The log and minidump files are in the zip...

Attachments

• logandminidump.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hi im having the problem that when i start up the game i get the runtime error..
it says its wants to run it in a unusal way or something..
I readed and tried all the fixes for it but the same thing happens everytime..:( ..

btw intead of the file names that have an .ini at the end i have an .int at the end is that a problem?
also i have runned this game before without any problems but then i brought a new computer and now it wont play the game..
specs-
AMD athlon 3500+ (2.2ghz rated at 3.4ghz)
640 ram
Nvidia Geforce 6100
(yea i know the graphics card sucks)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.