• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For Create Texture Failed GPF Errors

No Problem with the fire wall, or anti virus. I can play RO But the Alte Ziegelei b66 map drops my fps to 4 or it crash's to the desk top with the 8007000e Bull Sh..
problem. I can play DH with out any problems at all. I can play other maps with out this problem. Did they change any code on this map???

Thank You for the suggestion, That was already in the RO ini file :eek:

Upvote 0
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3008 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512 (7516)

CreateTexture failed(8007000E).

History: FD3DTexture::Cache <- FD3DRenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetTerrainMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- ATerrainInfo::Render <- RenderLevel <- RO-AlteZiegelei_b66.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Alte Ziegelei <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0017FEE0 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Me too. Uninstalled both RO and steam, and taken out the RO ini file, and changed it the precahce on it and still getting this. Anything else I haven't tried yet?

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 1801 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: Radeon X1650 Series (6648)
Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL). Please delete your RedOrchestra.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.
History: UD3D9RenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 612MB used, 1848MB available

Card name: Radeon X1650 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter AGP (0x71C6)

Upvote 0
I continue to get a "create texture failed" error message I have 2 cpus, one a home built and the other an HP both use nvidia cards (5800 and a 6800). I can play all the RO maps except the "Debrecen GCF Brenus A Tank only" map. I have completely removed steam and RO, trashed the remaining files and did a reload. The problem remains! Is there a fix or am I destined to not be able to play the above listed map? (I have a 3rd older pc that DOES play this map.)
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Several members of red orchestra-panzerdivision-frundsberg have tried to help with no success and steam just passed this off to RO

Upvote 0
I continue to get a "create texture failed" error message I have 2 cpus, one a home built and the other an HP both use nvidia cards (5800 and a 6800). I can play all the RO maps except the "Debrecen GCF Brenus A Tank only" map. I have completely removed steam and RO, trashed the remaining files and did a reload. The problem remains! Is there a fix or am I destined to not be able to play the above listed map? (I have a 3rd older pc that DOES play this map.)
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Several members of red orchestra-panzerdivision-frundsberg have tried to help with no success and steam just passed this off to RO

I downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers dated June, 2008 but the problem remains!!

Upvote 0
Gentlemen,

After upgrading to a new computer running Windows 7 I am getting this error which crashes my game:

-----------------------------------------------------

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3200 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (8562)

History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- DH-JR-BridgeheadB.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Bridgehead <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Any help?

Upvote 0
Large Address Aware

Large Address Aware

A lot of issues with "create texture failed" errors has nothing to do with graphic drivers, graphic cards, or rendering. It has to do with loading textures into the memory cache. Even computers with 4096MB memory are restricted to 2048MB by the RedOrchestra.exe, so when you have a level with large amount of textures being used the memory is maxed out and it fails to load one in the cache.

It is recommended to run Large Address Aware (a program that can modify the RedOrchestra.exe) to use more memory and to have at least 4096MB memory or more for your computer.

Upvote 0
Both these problems have recently started again particularly in DH on the RP Real Panzer server which I help run, but I have also had both in RO as well.
It happens on map change as well as in game and can be either error.

It started to appear after the Linux update and has got progressively worse. Lots of people are suffering from it.

I have had more than my share of crashes lately (4 times in 20 mins).
Its early days but I have not had a problem since I rebuilt my game files and some other things I did which I will list below.

These are my thoughts and the main crash reports :-

Crash 1.

This is a texture rendering fault. Possibly due to later Direct x9 versions, ram on your graphics card getting maxed out due to settings and built in limits to cashe memory in the Ro Game itself. Could also be due to later incompatible graphics drivers.

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3311 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 5670 (1077)

History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- FActorSceneNode::Render <- UCanvas::DrawActor <- UCanvas::execDrawActor <- (RP_BinocularsItem_Rus DH-RP_Oder_45v4.RP_BinocularsItem_Rus @ Function DH_RP_Weapons.RP_BinocularsItem.RenderOverlays : 02FB) <- UObject::processEvent <- (PzD_Hud DH-RP_Oder_45v4.PzD_Hud, Function Engine.HUD.PostRenderActors) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Oder <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 00000013 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Partial fix is this:

In your RedOrchestra.ini under this section -
[D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice]

Change this: UsePrecaching=True
to : UsePrecaching=False

Can also try rolling back Direct x9c to Direct x.

Also for ATI graphics cards, (and some Nvidia) If you have catalyst control centre for ATI or similar thing for Nvidia do the following.
In 3D properties set all settings to pc performance, make sure you have "Support DXT textureformats" checked, If its there. (its not in later versions of ATI, not sure what Nvidia has but I guess something similar).

You can also try rolling back your driver version to say 2010/2011 ish.

This should stop your graphics card from trying to posh up the textures etc and use up all its ram memory.

Crash 2.

This one has nothing to do with lack of pc memory HD or RAM, its to do with RO game engine unable to handle more than 2gb of cashe regardless of how much ram you have or free HD space.
It can also be due to a corrupt RedOrchestra ini and or exe.
May also be due to Windows allocated paging file size too small, if you have set custom settings either increase the size or set to allow Windows to do it automatically, but I don’t think its this.

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3311 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: AMD Radeon HD 5670 (1247)

Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

History: FMallocWindows::Malloc <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 00000000 390000 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 16250*24 <- TArray<< <- UStaticMesh::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (StaticMesh DH-RP_River_Island_45v2.Ruin2.ruin02 29969918==29969918/59750847 29969359 2034882) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level DH-RP_River_Island_45v2.MyLevel DH-RP_River_Island_45v2) <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- AttemptLoadPending <- TickPending <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 00000013 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Fix is LAA tool which will allow game to use more than 2gb.
INI Precaching fix as above.
Check Windows paging file size is set to automatic.
Delete RO ini file and exe file from the system folder and re download from steam by verifying cashe, or do what I did below.

This is what I have done.

• Deleted RO game files and DH game files but not the RO or DH map files then re downloaded all from steam so I had a clean copy, then copied all the custom files back in taking care not to over write the new ones.
  • Changed RO ini as per fix shown above, leave DH one alone.
  • Set my ATI Catalyst control 3d settings to performance.
  • Installed LAA tool and ran so RO should now be able to use more than 2gb.
  • Uninstalled the ATI Graphics drivers and Catalyst control centre and installed an earlier version from 2011.
  • I have not changed Directx9c for the time being as the game seems to be fixed for the moment.
Link for LAA tool and instructions: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gjv5kc4ay3m3zj4/Large+Address+Aware.zip

For info my pc is:-

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel I3 Proc 4 core 64 bit
ATI Graphics Card HD5670 with 1Gig onboard Ram
PC Ram 12 gig

As I have said it appears to have worked for me and could be any one of the above things that fixed it but I could not be bothered with trawling through various combinations to find out. Time will tell!

Hope this is of help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0