• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For Create Texture Failed GPF Errors

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Ok, let us use this thread as a base to work off of. I'm trying to gather as much info and work out a solution.

From what I've read from people in the past with this error and from recent threads I've come up with my current theories:

1) It seems only ATI video cards have this problem (there is a driver issue here)

2) Your system folder is corrupt, delete it and verify the cache

Reason for theory 1 - People in the past have reported this error going away by either updating their video cards or in some cases rolling back their video card drivers. Now remember, when installing video card drivers it is always best to do a clean install to insure the drivers are not corrupted in anyway or conflicting with the old drivers if something doesn't get overwritten properly by the new drivers.

Reason for theory 2 - Other's have said they recieved this error after playing with there.ini files. This points to either .ini's that are trying to do what their machine can't, or corrupt files in RO that the .ini's are trying to use.

The third alternative theory of the crime is a old Direct X 9.0c build. Why I don't believe this is the culprit others do. Try updating your dirext X with the latest version downloadable on the microsoft webpage.

Can all the people with this error please try the above (updating/downgrading drivers), and deleteing your system folder and verifying your cache and post your experience here.

-New Update --
    Ok, recent updates from another unreal engine game have had users report that upping their page file size has helped with the issue.

This is a major issue for me (seems like I am one of few).

Still getting

Code:
     Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2051 MHz with 1023MB RAM
    Video: RADEON 9700 PRO (6641)

CreateTexture failed(8007000E).

History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetSimpleMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- FStaticMeshBatchList::Render <- RenderLevel <- ro-danzig.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Danzig [Gdansk] – 28th March 1945 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 65686372 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
    It only really occurs on Danzig (I think it may have occured on some custom map but I'm far from positive. It was never a problem before the Danzig patch.

When I first started getting it I updated my ATI drivers ... doing a driver cleaner install. I am currently running Catalyst 6.10. It seems that 6.11 is out now so I will try that.

At the same time that I upgraded my driver to 6.10 I also deleted my system folder and redownloaded it. Neither helped.

I spent a good 20 minutes today vacuuming the inside of my PC using a mini attachment. In addition I played Danzig today with my case open. The crash still occured every single game at some point. I ran Motherboard Monitor while playing, and checked my temp when it inevitably crashed and it was 45 degrees. Its resting temp is about 35 degrees. Not anything to brag about but not that bad.

Framerates on Danzig tend to be pretty sporatic. I average about 37 but sometimes can walk around in the upper 60s and at other times it drops to the single digits when turning a corner. I mentioned in another thread that I get weird graphical glitches sometimes before the crash such as weapons disappearing from hands.

I have attached my RO.log from my most recent crash.

Anything else I can do please let me know. I'll report back on the latest driver.

Attachments

• RedOrchestra.txt
      17.7 KB · Views: 0
    Upvote 0
    I've updated my drivers to the latest version and I am happy (but not too happy) to report that after almost two hours of danzig (man I love that map ... even if it is German biased) I didn't have one crash. If I don't post in this thread again then you can assume that it never happened again.

To anyone else that is experiencing this bug. When you update your drivers make sure you use Driver Cleaner and follow the directions in the readme. The last time I updated my driver, where the bug still occured, I didn't boot into safe mode like the readme said. So if it wasn't the new driver version that fixed the problem it was that.

Upvote 0
    Okay I have tried all the above and I am still getting the following:

Critical Error

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3203 MHz with 2046MB RAM
    Video: RADEON X700 Series (6641)
    IDirect3DVertexBuffer9::Lock failed(D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR).
    History: FD3D9VertexStream::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetVertexStreams <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- FActorSceneNode::Render <- UCanvas::DrawActor <- UCanvas::execDrawActor <- (WS716ID_MP40Weapon RO-Berezina_beta4.WS716ID_MP40Weapon @ Function ROEngine.ROProjectileWeapon.RenderOverlays : 02D9) <- UObject::processEvent <- (ROHudX RO-Berezina_beta4.ROHudX, Function Engine.HUD.PostRenderActors) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level RO-Berezina <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 65686372 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I start the game, the map loads and then as soon as I get ready to spawn I get the above. What am I doing wrong here? Any help would greatly be appreciated. I am lost without my RO :(

Upvote 0
    Okay I have tried all the above and I am still getting the following:

I start the game, the map loads and then as soon as I get ready to spawn I get the above. What am I doing wrong here? Any help would greatly be appreciated. I am lost without my RO :(

Is your videocard OC'ed or do you have another DirectX3D application running in the same time with RO?.

Try to reinstall the graphic drivers (www.ati.com) and DirectX (www.microsoft.com/directx) again.

Upvote 0
    I just started getting it now. THe game runs EXTREMELY SLOW and i can barley move at all. the water is red on arad. I think its a sign. I get those same critical errors also.
    But even my Counter strike runs pretty slow too. Something happend to my computer.

Only thing i did dfferent was download a movie but there was no viruses or anything.

Upvote 0
    Just started getting this today.The game gets to the 'deploying' page,sits there for ages and then crashes back to desktop.Before this I got into one game and had very low fps before the crash.Game ran perfectly yesterday and I have not made any changes since.Using an ATI X800 card with 6.12 drivers.

Upvote 0
    CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2801 MHz with 1022MB RAM
    Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6583)
    CreateCubeTexture failed(8007000E).
    History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetProjectorMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- RenderStaticMesh <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- ro-tulaoutskirts.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:
    biggrin.gif
    raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level RO-TulaOutskirts <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FF18 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
    progress.gif

this only happened since the update
    progress.gif

Upvote 0
    My first post so I gotta say "hi peeps!" first :p

So...

For me it occurs when changing maps or loading a map after game was newly started. Sometimes I get to the fancy screen right before you choose fraction and class, sometimes it crashes as soon as mapchange starts. Haven't happened ingame when actually playing.

1) It seems only ATI video cards have this problem (there is a driver issue here)

The CreateTexture failed(8007000E)/FD3D9Texture - error is not ATI spesific, it occurs on my nvidia based rig (8800gts SLI'd) with the 158.45 drivers under Vista 64bit. I got a fresh install of RO through steam after recently aquiring the game (my steaminstall itself is older than Metusalem tho). The OS install is fresh as well with one set of drivers installed and no upgrades/downgrades done.

2) Your system folder is corrupt, delete it and verify the cache

Been there done that.

Have you tried turning off the d3d9 rendering device cache? Thats seems to be where the problem started.

Yes, no luck, same errormessage as before.

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3373 MHz with 4093MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (5845)

CreateTexture failed(8007000E).

History: FD3D9Texture::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::CacheTexture <- FD3D9RenderInterface::HandleCombinedMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetShaderMaterial <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- FActorSceneNode::Render <- UCanvas::DrawActor <- UCanvas::execDrawActor <- (F1GrenadeWeapon RO-Odessa.F1GrenadeWeapon @ Function ROEngine.ROWeapon.RenderOverlays : 014D) <- UObject::processEvent <- (ROHud RO-Odessa.ROHud, Function Engine.HUD.PostRenderActors) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Odessa: Black Sea Coast, 10th April 1944 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0017FEF8 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Upvote 0
    So this is most likely a driver related issue?

I will test tonight with my good 'ol trusty XP install and see how it fares there. It is true that the Vista (64bit) drivers are not...ehem, "perfect" yet, still if others running XP with other brands of graphic cards of various generations and having the same issue I find it kinda hard to draw the imediate conclusion that it is the drivers.

I'll also, if the problem persists, test to see if any of the driver spesific settings related to textures and cache etc make any difference.

/DFN

Upvote 0