• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FleshPounds.

FleshPounds.

• Total voters

SimonJ

May 19, 2009
I feel that this game is being pushed into the direction of online play becuase of the Fleshpounds alone.
I'm not against on-line play, I enjoy a game or two every now and again but I thing the flesh pound is too strong or has too much health.
I like the idea of a crazed creature you have to watch your fire for but he has too much health IMO.
Offices is one map I need to complete and i'ts not the overly dark corridors (I know it's under constuction but christ) but when all the zombies are crowded in a corridor or a doorway and I have to reload sandwhiched between a load of zombies and the OverPowered nutcase.
I emptied a shotgun into has face and he still had health to spare while I got Mashed between his Fists(?).
not only is it a problem off-line, it takes a squad of people some time to kill him..
Whats your opinion people?

perhaps the best thing about the most recent patch is that the game is bloody difficult again, I like that.

Although in this one case I will agree that the FP can be hard, so i will reiterate the suggestion that it be possible to break the light on his front chest restricting him to a very short, or none at, all rage period.

Upvote 0
One thing that bothers me is that you can easily take out any fp on suicidal with chainsaw, even a couple at the same time (not exactly the same but.). And i think it's Silly. You see like 2-3 fps over all in wave 10 which is a shame. Makes it faaar to easy. The difflevel between hard and suicidal is soo small. Compare with the mod where it could show up 40 fps in a single wave, and those fps had instantkill on you. Which forced people to buy law to be able to finish the wave. I want to see more fleshpounds with higher damage who doesn't rage without reason. Yes it's good that you cant kit around with fps all day but on the other hand, at the moment you don't even have time to warn your team before it's enraged.

Upvote 0
My biggest issue with the FPS is the simple fact that whenever one rears its ugly head, everyone goes mental.

Everyone in the game all of the sudden forgets about all the other ZEDS, and targets the FPS and/or Scrakes.

Thats what the different classes are for, no?

Commando; to bark out how much life they have left, and clear a path, for the supports and zerks to go in and kill the biggins.

Thats what I think anyways,

Suggestions?

Upvote 0
I like them better now. Other than the kiting I didn't really have a problem with them before, but they've just gotten tougher. I question how sensible the decapping on FPs is, but I've seen pros screw it up at least once a level on hard, and that usually means their death. So it kind of balances out against skill.

Right now you have to focus fire with hunting shotguns and grenades. On hard games the difficulty feels about right. As long as everyone is up and your angles are covered, FPs go down while still having the potential to wipe your average player out. When things are going badly already, FPs break you. That seems about where it should be.

Upvote 0
A scenario that I saw last night:

Five of use were on West London ( on Normal ). We were up at the church, and a fleshpound spawned at the spawn near the police station, the side away from the trader and started to walk towards the church, turning the corner. It got LOS to us and instantly raged there, and charged through the crowd and up to us.

This is the only problem, in my opinion - the autorage seems to work from too great a distance currently. I think he should have to get closer rather than just needing line of sight, since that was across the whole damn map pretty much, but at the same time I like how it makes kiting a fair amount harder.

Something between nerf and keep it the same is what I feel. A soft/semi nerf.

Upvote 0
I have yet to see this auto-raging happening too much, but i'll take everyones word for it.

Well, it happens like this: A FP spawns behind a building, and slowly gets more and more frustrated as it wanders around the house. when it gets around the house, it spots a player 150 meters away and goes *OMG NERDRAGE MODE ON!!!!11oneoneone!* on the whole team. And enrages again after the first one wears off, even if no-one had even shot at it to enrage it yet. And then enrages again after the previous one wears off and again and again... Unless it is killed before that. That is what I seem to have have noticed. :rolleyes:

The random enrage should be nerfed to have at least a minimum range to players added to it. Or make the random rage start counting up after it has taken some damage, or a combination of the two. I am sure there is always someone who shoots at it upon sighting. :D

Upvote 0
I actually have found FP's to be rather easy to take down then say, a scrake. If you have a team that WORK'S TOGETHER then this is no hard task, but if you (this out to everybody) are a rambo'er and you find them too hard to kill, then you have no right to whine because that is not how you play this game and the new update was only a way to prevent people from playing like that.

Upvote 0
How are fleshpounds easier than scrakes (glitches exluded)?

Well, for one a Fleshpound's rage wears off...

And second, Tripwire refuses to say if the 'decap' on the Fleshpound is a glitch or is intended, but it certainly makes them easier. A Chainsaw or Bullpup hits fast enough to do the decap while not doing enough damage to insta-rage, so even if you haven't mastered the timing, you can EASILY take down a Fleshpound with either of those.

Though you can permastun the Skrake with the chainsaw, the Bullpup is near-useless against him due to peashooter damage...

Upvote 0
I have to admit fleshpounds are so easy now because everyone knows how to decap them, when they spawn people just bait them and they last less time than a siren or scrake, people have lost the respect to the FP. Is a joke even on hard and suicidal. I think gorefasts are a bigger threat than a FP.

Upvote 0