• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Fleshpounds! Don't shoot em on sight

Dance, be careful of ressurecting ancient threads :p

This was posted in 2009, there has been many changes, and new found tactics relating to this thread.

Anyway, if you're curious on how to deal with fleshpounds, it depends on several factors.

The perk you are using, the level of that perk, the difficulty you are playing at, and also your surroundings.

Demolitions and support are able to take down a fleshpound very quickly, even solo with the use of explosives and burst firepower (remember, fleshpounds take x2 damage from grenades)

Most classes are able to take the fleshpound down with the right weapon, timing and most importantly space. As the fleshpound can take a certain amount of damage within 2 seconds, dealing damage under this limit and then waiting 2 seconds allows you to continuously damage the fleshpound without raging him. Be sure to break LOS or make the fleshpound attack you to reset his 10+ random 0-5 second rage timer.

The berserker best deals with the fleshpound with use of alt-fire with the axe to the head. Waiting 2 seconds before attacking again. The fleshpound attacks the berserker, but with the right timing, will not damage him as the berserker is fast enough to backpedal to avoid the fleshpounds attack. This way, the fleshpound is taking damage, without being raged under any circumstance. Ensure no other team mate attacks the fleshpound!

Hope this short piece of information helped you on dealing with fleshpounds!

Cheers

ljM

Upvote 0
Hope this short piece of information helped you on dealing with fleshpounds!

Cheers

ljM

Actually it helped a lot!

When soloinhg a FP i have noticed that the easier way (for me) to take him down, was starting by getting a certain distance and throw some nades at his feet (didn't know it causes 2x damage to FP's, nice little tip)

Never noticed though, the 2 second rule you explained (very well explained btw), so i put it into pratice and it works really well. One less problem for me to worry about (sort of lol, it still can be a pain in the a** :p).

Only having trouble dealing with the patriarch now (as commando).
Any suggestions are very much aprecciated :D

Thank you for your time

Cheers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, its still a pain and not completely flawless tactic, but with time and space it works no problems on any difficulty!

Regarding the Patriatch, the closer he is to you, the bigger the threat. His worst combo is a melee attack, followed by a chaingun combo. However, at distance, he isn't able to melee you and his ranged attacks are much less accurate and effective (make sure you have cover from rockets, they still hurt!)

Therefore, the best strat for pat solo is to keep your distance and use a weapon that is easy for you to use at distance. ie. xbow.

Everytime he runs towards you, knife out and run away, keeping as much distance between you and him as possible. Only stop to shoot (aim for his glass eye, its his headshot hitbox) when you have a long corridor ahead of you, which ensures the distance is maintained! Don't be afraid to weld doors to buy yourself some time, he must stop to blow them up, gaining you vital seconds in tight situations. It's all practice, experience and good decision making when to fire, and when to run like hell!

If you become a confident berserker, then you can actually melee the patriatch on any difficulty by using similar techniques to the fleshpound.

The trick is to close in and damage him with a melee attack, quickly backpedaling to avoid his own attack. He will come at you again, damage him, avoid his attack, rinse and repeat. It is very difficult and since you don't meet as many patriatchs as fleshpounds, practice is harder to come by. However, keep at it and this fun little tactic can prove to be very effective, however crazy it may sound!

Add me on steam if you require any further advice, i'll do the best I can to improve your knowledge/tactics for KF :)

Cheers

ljM

Reactions: kablooie!
Upvote 0
With Berserker i can kill him fine, but with commando i always run out of bullets when his close to die. Just need some pratice i guess.

Add me on steam if you require any further advice, i'll do the best I can to improve your knowledge/tactics for KF :)
ljM

If i run into any problems or doubts, I surely will

Thank you for the tips
Cumps

Upvote 0
Commandos arent really equipped for killing fleshpounds effectively every time.

They specalize in killing the trash so that other perks can kill the big ones without trouble from the smaller specimens.

If you are solo commando, then either fire a couple of shots to his head while moving, wait, and fire again after 2 seconds, breaking line of sight every 10 seconds maximum. Otherwise, grenade, scar unload until rage animation, grenade x2, spray scar, switch to AK when out of ammo. This should drop an FP if you are solo.

If you are in a team, ignore the fleshpound and clear the trash. If theres no trash to clear just do what I said above!

Best way to deal with fleshpounds as commando I think!

Cheers

ljM

Reactions: kablooie!
Upvote 0
a good tactic for beserkers on FP's dont rage them urself if ur team is kinda stupid or accidently rages him with spam or sotmhin ur best bet is to get behind the fp with ur katana or chainsaw or fire axe and alt fire the back of his head rear attacks with beserker do way more dmg im not sure how much more maybe 100% more or like 50% more hard mode lvlv 6 zerks two shots from behind alt fire katana will finish him off most of the time same with scrakes if someone rages it u could get infront and tank for him hopefully getting a good stun with ur katana so u dont take dmg or u can run up behind and alt fire the back of his head huge dmg drops them fast

Upvote 0
also on commando from my experience when u get the scar inthe right hipfire spot u can backpedal tapping the trigger doing short bursts close together once u find the sweet spot its alll headshots baby all 25 shots if u practice enough, and i think the bursting does more dmg im not 100%% sure but it seems more effective maybe becuz the bullets are more accurate?? not sure but works much better than holding it down even if hes RIGHT in ur face
at least thats what ive noticed

Upvote 0
Hmmm, I recently was having a go at being a medic and ended up being the last one alive. The influx of new players from the sideshow has led to people needing lots and lots of healing. :)

I was only a level 3 medic and I had about 30+ zeds plus two fleshies left on the map (Mountain Pass - Normal - wave 10 of 10). I was also very low on ammo, since I'd been trying to use my MP7M to kill trash and keep my teammates alive (All 2 star or lower players). Thankfully I also had an M79 (with two grenades left - yeah?), but no frags (boooh).

I ended up running around the map scrounging for ammo. Popping M79 'nades at the fleshies, running like hell, healing, pot shotting the other zeds with the medic gun/9mm, etc. Nobody had dropped a decent weapon, other than a katana I used for trash cleanup after the flesh pounds got 'le tired' and laid down for a dirt nap.

The worst part? Two husks got stuck alllllll the way on the opposite side of the map from the trader, so I had to finish those tonkers off after I had found them. I barely got there, shared a little dosh, switched perks and did get my SS load out. And no armor. I nailed patty a couple times with the AA12, but everybody else did pretty minimal damage and he wiped us out. Pity.

Upvote 0
There's lots of ways to kill a fleshpound without taking damage, but for a 6 player game you're usually going to be static or at least not mobile enough to kite, and I reckon you need two players who'll work together to get rid of them. Even if that's one protecting someone else from trash. Problem with most inexperienced players is that they treat the fleshpound like the tank out of Left 4 Dead and focus on the fleshpound rather than killing the siren or whatever other threats exist which are going to cause problems. A lot of players seem to learn quickly, others just never seem to learn and are a complete waste of space.

Upvote 0