• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fleshpound "Weakspot"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decapitating a Fleshpound in beginner solo is meaningless.
The ONLY known way to make a fleshpound BLEED OUT is to decapitate it at melee range when he use his attack emote or the "insta-decap trick" as you put it.

The ONLY way (if you know another way, please let me know).

You can NOT make him bleed out with a ranged head shot.

You can NOT make him bleed out if your shot did so much damage it instant killed him.

It IS possible to make a fleshpound BLEED OUT with the "insta-decap trick" using shotgun. Why do you argue about this, it tock me two minutes to verify. Check it yourself.

This has nothing to do with number of players in the game or difficult level of the game. There is no way to make a fleshpound bleed out (that you and me know of anyway) other than using the "insta-decap trick".

And for the record, a pellet that hit the headshot hitbox does 52 damage (times perk benefits), not even close to 1800 (times perk benefits) that crossbow bolts do
Even then, then doesn't explain why it's so freakishly hard to perform the same Fleshpound insta-decap trick with the shotgun when compared to the pistol or knife
Because you need one pellet to actually hit his headshot hitbox. Where pellets hit is random. You can not control it.

And I dont know if it is "freakishly hard" as it only tock me two minutes of trying....

It is the SAME as when you try to make a bloat BLEED OUT. They do EVERY TIME when i hit the headshot hitbox using my 9mm or even knife. Shotguns can do it too (you even provided a video where you do this) but it is a bit more random. You cant control the decapitation on your every shot. But every shot where a pellet land in the headshot hitbox the bloat will be decapitated, just like when you use a 9mm or knife. There is no magic here.

(you do not even have to aim at the headshot hitbox - i have for example shot slightly over a bloat and one of the random pellets still hit the headshot hitbox and it bleed out. In another case a pellet that penetrated a bloat hit a the headshot hitbox on a second bloat behind him, and he bled out)

And this too take two mintues to test.
...you can behead a Scrake...
Yes, you actually CAN behead a scrake and watch it bleed out. But not from full health. Scrake (and siren) have the durable head property that prevent this. It can be done once it is hurt and if your attack deal enough damage, but since all zeds, including scrake, take extra damage when their head is decapitated this will most often result in <0 HP (and the zed will instant die instead of bleed out).
ZombieScrake.uc
Code:
bDurableHead = true
KFMonster.uc TakeDamage()
Code:
		if( !bDecapitated )
		{
			if (bDurableHead)
			{
				if( bIsHeadShot && Damage>(Health / 15) && Health<(Default.Health/1.85) )
					RemoveHead();
			}
			else if( bIsHeadShot )
				RemoveHead();
			// Award headshot here, not when zombie died.
			if( bDecapitated && Class<KFWeaponDamageType>(damageType)!=None && instigatedBy!=None && KFPlayerController(instigatedBy.Controller)!=None )
				Class<KFWeaponDamageType>(damageType).Static.ScoredHeadshot(KFSteamStatsAndAchievements(PlayerController(instigatedBy.Controller).SteamStatsAndAchievements));
		}
KFMonster.uc RemoveHead()
Code:
	// Head explodes, causing additional hurty.

if( KFPawn(LastDamagedBy)!=None )
          TakeDamage( LastDamageAmount + 0.25 * HealthMax , LastDamagedBy, LastHitLocation, LastMomentum, LastDamagedByType);

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have never seen him bleed-out in solo

prove it with a video
I direct you to the same video I posted before: YouTube - Killing Floor - KF-Heresy Suicidal Solo Attempt

Watch the end beginning at 2:05. Hey look, that Scrake doesn't have a head! And it's bleeding out and it's in solo!

and the lat part is in refference into you saying:
you most likely survive suicidal hit from FP if you have full health

well.....YOU DONT SURVIVE
When did I say this? I don't appreciate words being put into my mouth, but please, enlighten me.

Upvote 0
Where is the proof that they said this?

are you serious

its a NOT a bug.

I am giving you this info because I feel so, to clear things up

either believe me or not, its your choice, I dont care

I know people like Monolithos will appreciate this info, and thats why I posted it, to clear things up for those who want them to be cleared up

for you guys who want screenies from the god himself saying it, well.....tough luck, you will never know if its a bug or not

now I am out of this ˝disccusion˝

Upvote 0
Well, looks like we've been beaten. God has spoken. Go home, everyone. Thread's over.

wow you obviously didnt understand a joke there which was leaned towards the likes of you in the way that no matter what case it is you will not accept that you are wrong (that its NOT a bug):
if I post it. you want oproof
if I had a proof (screenie) you

Upvote 0
are you serious

its a NOT a bug.
Er, you keep telling us this, but you have yet to prove it. Don't go around saying TWI have said this or that when they haven't, that just makes you a liar.

I'm going to say that you represent the general intelligence level of those who believe this Fleshpound weakness is not a bug.
No offense to those who think it's not a bug but I agree. :D

[edit] Have we just been trolled by emotion666?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
just checked slappys video

now how many times that happened to you? once? twice?

has it occured to you that MAYBE, just MAYBE it was a bg cause u got a decap at the same time u died?

I have never seen that happen before

you thought that MAYBE that the bullet hit just when the game was over and that some stuff inthe code get changed (like durablehead thing?

all you have proven in that video is you l33t skillz (LMFAO), using mousewheel to switch weaponry and using fail weapon loadout while kiting all the time as a medic :p

Upvote 0
GREAT logic guys

because I have no proof I am clearly lying
Well, yes. That's how it works. If you can't prove something, then we not going to believe it's true. Subsequently we'll assume you're either misinformed or lying.

You said TWI gave a response to this issue, yet you can't show us where they responded, so I'm assuming you just made it up for the sake of argument.

Upvote 0
GREAT logic guys

because I have no proof I am clearly lying

GREAT logic guys, take a cookie

I hope you shoot yourself when I get a proof, but than again, even the durable head thing is enough of a proof for a normal person
I demand my cookie
Look you can't just go into a court of law and say this man is innocent people will wonder why then say do you have proof you say you do yet you don't produce any that means to me you don't have any
my problem is not with you it is how you phrase your argument and the evidence you use to back up your argument. In my opinion this is not a bug merely a weakness all great beasts of myth and legend have some sort of simple weak spot waiting to be discovered as it has been in the code (see post about decap info copied and pasted from the code). I will continue to believe as such until a dev post that this is a glitch and will be taken care of in the next up date until then your opinons are your opinons unless you back them up with facts if you can't do not try protray your opinons as such.

Upvote 0
I demand my cookie
Look you can't just go into a court of law and say this man is innocent people will wonder why then say do you have proof you say you do yet you don't produce any that means to me you don't have any
my problem is not with you it is how you phrase your argument and the evidence you use to back up your argument. In my opinion this is not a bug merely a weakness all great beasts of myth and legend have some sort of simple weak spot waiting to be discovered as it has been in the code (see post about decap info copied and pasted from the code). I will continue to believe as such until a dev post that this is a glitch and will be taken care of in the next up date until then your opinons are your opinons unless you back them up with facts if you can't do not try protray your opinons as such.

I never said I have a proof, but see the proof can come when TWI posts it

and this is not the courtyard, its the fforums

I dont need to back-up my statements and your logic that because I dont have a proof, I am lying is pretty dumb

oh and judging by that logic, you guys are all lying since you really have no proof that I am lying nor a proff that its a glitch/bug

LIERS

what are you guys gonna say back? That it doesnt work that way? that only I need proff for my statements, but you guys don

Upvote 0
No, it's simply my opinion that you are lying, I'm not trying to state it as fact.

And no offense, but you are very bad at debating.

orly, let me refresh your memory:
˝Don't go around saying TWI have said this or that when they haven't, that just makes you a liar

I believe thats a statement since you are clearly 100% sure they havent said it

nice fail, boy

Upvote 0
Attacking others rather than focusing on what the debate is about (your comments on someone's skills), changing the subject (and making an incorrect assertion :)), and making nonsense replies to most messages. Are these the marks of the troll or just someone who is bad at debating?

I guess you dont have a valid comment against that and you bring that up

and its not my problem if you cant understand the things I type, its called reading comprehension, once you get good at it, stuff seem to magicaly seem logical, trust me on that

and what if I said I was KF tester?

would you ask for proof?
would you say the proof is a lie?
or would you say: no matter if you are a tester, you are still lying?

lets start of with a little piccture, made especialy for you, even has easter egg in it :D

hope the linky works:
[url]http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s292/kliziflip/?action=view&current=KFtest.jpg[/URL]

Upvote 0
I guess you dont have a valid comment against that and you bring that up

I'll give you a valid comment when you give me logical replies to what I am saying to you! Talk about hypocritical.

and what if I said I was KF tester?

Good for you, but this is completely irrelevant and I don't care. You say TWI have made a comment on this - fine, but I say you're bull****ting and that will be my opinion until you can prove what you claim.

You can show me as many pretty pictures as you like, but unless you can really prove what you're saying I'm not interested. :)

Upvote 0
I'll give you a valid comment when you give me logical replies to what I am saying to you! Talk about hypocritical.

Good for you, but this is completely irrelevant and I don't care. You say TWI have made a comment on this - fine, but I say you're bull****ting and that will be my opinion until you can prove what you claim.

You can show me as many pretty pictures as you like, but unless you can really prove what you're saying I'm not interested. :)

ok, you are trolling I got it

the smillies and idiotic posts prove it enough to me

as for all the inteligent people, yes I test KF like many others browsing here and I did ask about this being a bug, its not, thats the end of story

and no, you won

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.