• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fleshpound "Weakspot"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I write programs for a living.
I don't see this line number? Nor do I see any code that relates to this behaviour.

I don't think it's a case of this functionality being implemented by TWI, I think it's just a case of it being possible to headshot all specimens unless specified otherwise, and with the Flesh Pound it simply isn't specified otherwise. Why it can only be done when he bows his head, I'm not sure.

And try not to triple post please, there is an edit button. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this is something ive noticed, basically, occasionally the FP will lean towards you slightly, when this happens he exposes the top of his head. this area, as seen here, is his weakspot, whether by design or accident.
either way, the FP does not often show the top of his head, only in that one attack anim that is shown in that video.......

Upvote 0
Then I should be able to decap a fleshpound from high ground because I can hit the said top of the head from above. Has anyone tried this yet? Because if it doesn't work then it obviously has to be some kind of script that turns decapitation in certain point of the attack animation, thus being deliberately set up...

Personally I'd like the timeframe to be just fraction of a second larger. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it's a bug now... The fact that you have to be 100% ground-level with the Fleshpound to blow off its head.
It's still possible, but 10x harder.

Try doing this in KF-Farm. You will know what I'm talking about.

And it doesn't work at all on Arcade Action v2 when they rage...

If it's a feature, It should work all the time, (Given that you did it right) regardless on terrain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it's a feature. I does look like it takes skill to hit: both timing wise and accuracy wise. Plus it looks like there's some kind of structure on its head... like a bone fusion or something which could account for the weakness.

But my criticism is that (gasp!) NitroBullet was (gasp! gasp!!) (NO! I can't even say it)... well yes I can... kiting. Backpedaling while shooting the poor little flesh pound :-( and waiting for him to mellow out. Time to call PETZ and the SPCZ.
For shame NitroBullet. For shame.

cx

Upvote 0
I think it's a feature. I does look like it takes skill to hit: both timing wise and accuracy wise. Plus it looks like there's some kind of structure on its head... like a bone fusion or something which could account for the weakness.

But my criticism is that (gasp!) NitroBullet was (gasp! gasp!!) (NO! I can't even say it)... well yes I can... kiting. Backpedaling while shooting the poor little flesh pound :-( and waiting for him to mellow out. Time to call PETZ and the SPCZ.
For shame NitroBullet. For shame.

cx

lol_que.jpg

Upvote 0
Anyone ever try this from a range? Like he's attacking another player and you attack just as he dips down? Same timing, different range. If you can't I would say it's a bug because you're essentially just sticking the weapon inside his head as he bends down and are glitching something in his head.

If not the "top of head" weakspot is a possibility.

Also, Monolith, you said you were a coder then provided absolutely no reason as to how that backed your argument, so far all that was, was an ego flash unless you show us lines of scripting and code that prove the damage is substantially increased under those circumstances.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone ever try this from a range? Like he's attacking another player and you attack just as he dips down? Same timing, different range. If you can't I would say it's a bug because you're essentially just sticking the weapon inside his head as he bends down and are glitching something in his head.

If not the "top of head" weakspot is a possibility.

Also, Monolith, you said you were a coder then provided absolutely no reason as to how that backed your argument, so far all that was, was an ego flash unless you show us lines of scripting and code that prove the damage is substantially increased under those circumstances.

I decaped the Fleshpound with a bullpup before. LONG RANGE. Exact same scenario.

Upvote 0
I honestly don't get how some of you can even try and defend this as if its a feature and not a bug. Theres a dfiference between a 'weakspot' and an 'on/off' switch. It would be a weakspot if it occured only after he's taken a bit of damage which could lead you to believe something was exposed. But 1 hit killing a Fleshpound using a 9mm or the knife from full health? I fail to see how that could be intentional, get yourself a rapid fire weapon and you'll basically never fail to decap it when it comes in close if you keep your cool.

This turns the Fleshpound from a powerful killing machine to be feared into nothing more than a gimmick who is only deadly if your allies rage him while your trying to get close.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.