• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fleshpound "Weakspot"

Status
Not open for further replies.
i vote: NOT a bug/exploit.

in RO, i shoot you in the face with a rifle and you die instantly. if humans have a weak spot, even crazy humanlike specimans can have a weakspot.

in multiplayer, not many guys are going to run up to the fp and try to 1 shot his head off with a 9mm or try to knife it off....at least not on hard or suicidal they won't. however, you will find good zerkers taking cutting heads off with chainsaws, which, in my opinion is great for team play. the zerker does his job, the other guys do their jobs by providing support keeping the other stuff off the zerker.

of course, things can always turn out badly if the the other roles decide they want to be the hereo and try to kill the fp with their leveraction or bullpup, which in turn pisses him off and he kills the zerker attempting to kill him, which then leads to the team not having a zerker to take out the other fps and scrakes. :D

Upvote 0
The headshot thing is probably not a bug, it makes sense for them to have a weakspot, however, in my opinion they should have a minimum damage requirement, or weapon requirement, you shouldn't be able to kill them with the knife.

The fact that they die if they enrage but can't catch you however, is almost certainly a bug, cause it doesn't happen on the lower difficulties and there's no reason it should happen on the high ones. with enough room, it'd be ridiculously easy to handle fleshpounds, which is not the way it's supposed to be.

Upvote 0
It's a bug. Makes a anyone with a chainsaw completely untouchable. Combined with the Scrake-freezing bug, everyone now just wants to carry around chainsaws and solo entire waves on Hard or Suicidal which these bugs quite perfectly allow them to. Of course, anyone with any sense of timing could also perform this decapitation trick easily enough with the pistol simply by spamming it as soon as the Fleshpound is in range and attacking. That makes the strongest common specimen in the game susceptible to an insta-kill with absolutely no danger to the player himself by one of the weakest starter weapons in the game. And, as has been pointed out more than enough, even the knife is capable of one hitting a Fleshpound, but that requires tricky timing. Most find that too risky to pull off when there are more literally guaranteed techniques that provide the same result.

Upvote 0
I figure no, it's a feature not a bug.

Whether it's acceptable is a different issue. This knowledge, which everyone now has, could effectively negate the fleshpound as a significant element of gameplay if it's truly that simple. BUT, what I'm guessing is that hitting that spot is not easy to do.

The video shows Nitro doing it a bunch of times, but I'm guessing that Nitro's just skilled, so grats to him. For the average player, in the middle of a hoard of zeds, hitting that spot will still be a challenge, and that isn't even counting when FP gets enraged unprovoked. So it still retains its threat value and is pretty acceptable as long as nubs don't figure out exploits like chainsaw.

-Joker

Upvote 0
It is a feature.

They actually coded the weakness so you basically have to go into melee range and wait for his attack animation before you can decapitate him.

It is still risky to do. An enraged decapitated flehspounder can still kill, or seriously hurt, you during his 5 seconds of headless berserking. Atleast on hard/suicidal.

Best tactic is to shoot him dead (that, and use the fact flehspounders go for the same target as long as he have a line of sight - so everyone can (should) use their own bodies as meat shields and try to block the flehspounder from reaching its target).

Upvote 0
It's a feature IMO, I did some training on my own for some time to master this decap skill and now I can do it on hard / suicidal servers easily, even with the knife. But I (and my friends) can screw it sometimes so there's always a risk. And even if you decap the FP, it stays alive for a couple of seconds and can still hurt / kill you, especially if you're in a corner and can't escape.

Upvote 0
Not that i've trained to do it, but I've managed to accomplish this once with the machete, partially out of desperation and mostly due to lack of options with a fleshpound in my face.

I think it's a feature. All Zeds have weaknesses in general. I can kill crawlers with a melee weapon when they jump, before they even hit me. If you get into extremely close range with a siren, they only bite you for very little damage (assuming no one else is in her screaming range and you aren't constantly shooting her, she will get one scream off), making charging a siren with an axe a perfectly viable option.

Everyone knows you shoot a bloat in the mouth with a LAR or two and it goes poof, scrakes can be chain stunned with powerful enough weapons (if you think it's a glitch, look at how gorefeasts and clots react to an axe or machete power hit they survive, they get stunned (and those would be their weaknesses if you even bother to need em).

And stalkers, you look for their shadow, and they reflect the flashlight pretty well.

Each zed has a tactic, with it's own pro's and con's. Why shouldn't the FP?

Upvote 0
It's a feature. Fleshpounds still account for a huge amount of dead squads in hard/suicidal, and that's exactly how it should be. The decapitation is a "window of opportunity" type deal, and if you miss that window you're probably going to die. To all who are complaining, you have to remember that Fleshpounds are accompanied by the other specimens. It's a big baddy, but it shouldn't be impossible to kill.

If you're looking for a somewhat impossible game, I suggest Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.