• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Flashing grey black screen and res problems

NewRasputin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 20, 2011
I get this error after screen flashes for like 5 minutes and if I don't get that and the game works it won't go to 1920x1080. Help! :confused:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1850 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (7533)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (8007000E). Please delete your RedOrchestra.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- HandleBigChange <- UD3D9RenderDevice::Lock <- UViewport::Lock <- UWindowsViewport::Lock <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I get this error after screen flashes for like 5 minutes and if I don't get that and the game works it won't go to 1920x1080. Help! :confused:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1850 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M (7533)

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (8007000E). Please delete your RedOrchestra.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- HandleBigChange <- UD3D9RenderDevice::Lock <- UViewport::Lock <- UWindowsViewport::Lock <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I should have read this before I posted my problem, as I have all of the same symptoms you do.

Tried redownloading the game (already verified integrity of game cache, didn't work) and still nothing. Google isn't helping much either.

Upvote 0
If you have dual screens then press alt-enter when the flashing starts and it will take you to windowed mode. Make sure you set the resolution back to your desired size then check the fullscreen box and OK, and it should then work. If not, if you've not tried the advice offered in the error message then try it - browse to your RO system folder (by default C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra\system) and delete the redorchestra.ini file (or ro file with a cog on the icon). This resets things to default. Start the game again (or if that fails, verify the cache) and see if the problem persists.

Upvote 0
If you have dual screens then press alt-enter when the flashing starts and it will take you to windowed mode. Make sure you set the resolution back to your desired size then check the fullscreen box and OK, and it should then work. If not, if you've not tried the advice offered in the error message then try it - browse to your RO system folder (by default C:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra\system) and delete the redorchestra.ini file (or ro file with a cog on the icon). This resets things to default. Start the game again (or if that fails, verify the cache) and see if the problem persists.

I do have duel moniters, although I'm not sure if this works, as doing nothing has worked for me.

Upvote 0