• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code fixin errors-makin a perk

shaitan

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
My community is in need of a coder to fix two servers that error spam the consoles and causing warp on the other servers resulting from it as well.
We'd be willing to pay someone $100 usd if they can do this. PM me if you think you can do this.

An example is the SCRN errors, some others, and the Machine dual pistols for Sentry & Engineer perk(based off of Sentry). The Machine Dualies are the ones that have to be the worst of them all.
Spoiler!

Out of a 20,000 line logfile, it will be 15,000 of just machine dualies. When these thousands of errors occur at once, it freezes it the consoles. I've never been able to get either perk into SCRN balance(index portion shows up, but spawn inventory never works) to be able to get it so I can edit spawn inventory to just remove them.

I can't get rid of the two perks, people like them too much.

We run it on a Windows 2008 dedi(32gb RAM, 3.2Ghz, 64bit).

Last edited:
Why would someone flame me for asking for help and giving that person money as incentive if they do it? That makes no sense at all.
I don't know how to fix it, nor have I ever been able to do coding; I do not have the patience required for it. I see code, my eyeballs cross, simple as that. I can't keep moderating the servers for people using machine pistols, and get them to stop. That gets old quick, it also makes me the bad guy.

Upvote 0
Because not only are you saying "make me content for money", which is against the EULA, you're also asking for the implementation of a system that blatantly breaches it as well (vip system where I'm pretty much 100% sure you're asking for money to get on that list, which means the player is paying for them).

Your Mods must be distributed for free, period. Neither you, nor any other person or party, may sell them to anyone, commercially exploit them in any way, or charge anyone for receiving or using them without prior written consent from Tripwire Interactive. You may exchange them at no charge among other end users and distribute them to others over the Internet, on magazine cover disks, or otherwise for free.

Upvote 0
I'm not going to bug Poosh, you can tell that guy has enough on his plate. Nor am I demanding anyone to fix my errors, but if they can/do, then you're damn skippy I'll give them money out of my own pocket for doing something I cannot do.

I game, that's all I know on here. My friends online and I rent servers because we enjoy playing, chatting with people, and tinkering around with server stuff.

Upvote 0
From what I can tell he is offering a donation to anyone with free time to help him solve an issue for his server. It seems to me that this community is more concern with starting fights over the internet than actually trying to help. Thanks for the moral direction with the EULA, but serious what are they going to do? You think offering a cash incentive to fix a problem is illegal? Try telling that to any MNC in the world. Furthermore, the EULA says people cannot request money for their work. It doesn't say someone can't offer a cash incentive for their specific work to be done. It is no different than hiring a coder. Instead of being trolls on a tripwire forum why don't you guys consider doing something productive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0