• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code Fixed Perks mutator

RED-FROG

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
Germany
I'm working on a mutator that allows players to change their Perk by typing in a command into the console.
Now, I think what needs to be done is to bind those commands (temporarily or not) to keys like numpad1 - numpad6. Would make it much more comfortable.

The server will be able to configure the Perk level.

Example:
A player types into console: "mutate perk 1" (1-6) or mutate perk medic
He will be receiving the Perk "Field Medic" at the skilllevel given by the config on the server. (1-5)

The whole idea of this mutator is that players aren't able to use any Perks in servers that use mutators. So let's say the server has some funky new monsters mutator, the players would have to beat the waves with poor level1 perks. Which increases costs in shops and difficulty.

The mutator yet has to be tested with a few players. I think I'll host a server with it, later on today.

I just don't know how to manage that keybind thing..

KFPerks.jpg

The upper message is automatically broadcasted every X seconds, to let the people know what to do.
Can also be shortened. (short version: 'mutate Perk' on server enabled.)
The bottom message appears when you use the command 'mutate perk 2'

Last edited:
It's a good idea, but I wonder if it'd be easier (or feasible) to use the preexisting GUI for perk selection? I haven't studied that portion of the code deeply, but it seems like you could just replace the "links" from the perk selection HUD with ones to your modified code.

Ok, that's oversimplifying, but you get the idea. This would also avoid headaches with people changing perks mid-level and so on.

Reactions: RED-FROG
Upvote 0
Yea,
well I'm also not very deep into all that GUI/HUD coding. Kinda like a whole other world. :p (I just played KF-Hive.. I have no idea how to do things such as the on-screen keyboard o_O)

But this is what I am looking for. It would make things much smoother and easier.
So either a GUI or hotkeys..or console commands. (sorted from best to worst. :p)
I still have to sort out some problems such as the players can always change the perk at any time. (it's not a bug, it's a feature! :p)

With a mutator, I'm not able to "hook up" into the Perk selection of KF. It goes under the class 'KFMenu'.

Upvote 0
I just finished my own version of this idea.

It has a GUI and uses no binds.

Currently repick is only allowed on death and if the server admin allows it! It is also the server admin that configures at what level the perks are set.

You can download it @ http://kfmods.com/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=59&task=view.download&cid=12

screen_perk_replacement_1.jpg

Do not complain about the fact that you need to sign up - I worked almost a full 'pay day' on it, unpaid...

Atleast I can ask you to signup (free) right? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
he told us not to complain?
If you don't want to sign up, don't do it, and yea...nothing else. :p

I'd gladly upload it to L4Y, but I think he wants to keep it exclusively on his site. (actually, SinnerG, you should/must write this into the readme, otherwise I'll be uploading files like that on L4Y without knowing the author didn't want it.)

Upvote 0
Yeah I'd like to keep it on my site only atm. I'll try to update the zip file this evening.

I'm hoping to release my roll the dice mutator this evening with some (not all that I want yet) 'dice faces' build in :)

I will allow people to extend on this mutator, the sourcecode of the 'base face' is already online, together with an example:
[url]http://wiki.kfmods.com/doku.php?id=mutators:kfmodsrtdbase:sourcecode[/URL]

This should allow people to create their own extensions for the roll the dice system :)

Upvote 0
Reactions: Mr. Cool
Upvote 0
QUIT WITH THE SPAM

You want a mutator whitelisted that enables Perks at any level so it enables the real perks again? Gosh I cannot even describe that weirdness properly.

Read and maybe think (if that's possible to you) for a nanosecond before you post anything.

calm down its not the end of the world. :D

im just spreading the word that if anyone wants thier mutator white listed this is the place to go. i didn't ask for this specific mutator to be white listed. i just wanted the viewers of this thread to know, thats all. if you check all the threads with talk of a mutator my post will be there. and its not spam its a link to a sticky thread created by a dev. Maybe its you who needs to think before you post next time.

in this case, this mutator wont get white listed weither i or anybody else trys or not.
so no need to have a fit. :)

Upvote 0
in this case, this mutator wont get white listed weither i or anybody else trys or not.
so no need to have a fit. :)

It's not going to be white listed in 1billion years.
I won't explain you why because you obviously don't understand it.
Maybe this much...this mutator was made for the reason that other muts don't get white listed.

And no, what you are doing is spam.
We are quite aware of the possibilities in this forum.
And I am also quite aware of the actual list of available mutators. And yet none of them turns out to go with the rules to get white listed.

Upvote 0
It's not going to be white listed in 1billion years.
I won't explain you why because you obviously don't understand it.
Maybe this much...this mutator was made for the reason that other muts don't get white listed.

And no, what you are doing is spam.
We are quite aware of the possibilities in this forum.
And I am also quite aware of the actual list of available mutators. And yet none of them turns out to go with the rules to get white listed.

lol... :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

That's better. Or didn't manage to get past the url and read the first post?

In this thread, I am asking for suggestion for mutators that should be whitelisted (ie: server will still retain the ability for perks and achievements to be progressed and earned). Mutators for this list in theory should not make huge changes to gameplay or make specific things easier (such as earning achievements).

This is designed for servers that run without the perks system due to other non whitelisted mutators correct? I see many good things that can come from this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0