• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[FIX] for the MKB issue

Remington

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
www.ezcompany.us
There is a light at the end of the tunnel for everybody suffering from the omnipresence of the MKB. Here is my suggestion:

1) Start the game.
2) Open the console
3) Type in the following:
Code:
open 64.120.46.61
4) Have fun! :D

Spoiler!

The server is located in NY. I just set the server to custom and set it so that everybody is class rank 1 and max 25 on weapon rank (so that the PPSH has the drum). No more MKB, AVT and semi sniper rifles.

These options were enabled with the last patch. And Ramm was posting about this here:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=70437[/URL]

Here is the specific part:
Server Configuration - Custom Game Mode

Note: The below settings are Custom mode only, and servers will not run in Ranked mode with them enabled (since the settings essentially override the ranking system).
-Added the ability to limit character class ranking. Using this setting server admins running the Custom game mode setting can limit the maximum ranking levels which will limit class ability upgrades and weapon type unlocks (such as the MkB42, AVT40, Semi Auto Sniper Rifles, etc). Setting MaxClassRank in ROGame.ini or in the webadmin to any value greater than zero will limit the class ranks to the specified level. Valid override values are 1-5 (1 limiting to Raw Recruit, 5 limiting to Hero).

-Added the ability to limit weapon specific ranking. Using this setting server admins running the Custom game mode setting can limit the maximum weapon ranking levels which will limit weapon ability upgrades and weapon functionality unlocks (such as different scopes, bigger magazines, etc). Setting MaxWeaponProficiencyLevel in ROGame.ini or in the webadmin to any value greater than zero will limit the weapon proficiency upgrades to the specificed level. Valid override values are 1-51 (1 limiting to no weapon upgrading, 26 will limit the game to the first tier upgrades (PPSH drum mag, etc) but not allow further major upgrades).

Reactions: GRIZZLY
Upvote 0
If you unlocked the drum already, you'll have it in that server anyways. If you don't... well then you got to unrank it first.

Btw... I made up a post suggesting to allow the weapon proficiency to be individually set for each weapon. This way you could also tweak it a little more to make the weapons balanced. But also allow more historical accuracy.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=70712

If you like the idea, you could state your case there too and support me in this matter. :)

Upvote 0
Okay, I've adjusted some settings. You won't have all the hud anymore.
I need to do further testing though.

Btw... I found a lot of interesting variables in the ini-files but some seem to show no effect e.g. bDisablePeripheralActionIndicators=True
Could be that they're overwritten by the client config. Hmmm... interesting.

It is also possible to draw teamnames only on squadmembers, but not on the rest of the team. I've tested that quickly with some bots. Seems to work. Would be a good info on the squad-mechanics-discussion. :)

Upvote 0