• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix for "Querying Master Server"

Sweet ****ing jesus. I've been having this problem for a ****ing year hoping someone would post something a little more ****ing effective. At first I was calm about it, but now I'm a little pissed off. DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS ALREADY. THE **** YOU'RE SAYING TO DO DOESN'T WORK IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE MANY REPLIES BY PEOPLE. OMFG I'm glad I'm not buying anything else from tripwire. BS I SAY BS !

Upvote 0
Starting to piss me off

Starting to piss me off

I am have this stupid "master server" problem as well. I have done ever single thing including re-installing and still no severs and cannot host. all i want to do is play with some god damn friends but this damn game wont freaking let me. so any one got any suggestions? because i am all ears. On a side note i am running this game on a HP laptop that uses windows 7.

Upvote 0
I need help her I have done everything to get this game to work. I have opened ports on my router, and even removed my router. Checked the .vdf files and everything same thing. No news page, never finds a querying server. I even did the servers from Steam which pulls up servers but when I click one to join it just sits at connecting and times out.

I can play any other online game fine. No issues but this one. Please help as I feel I just got cheated out of my own money!!

Upvote 0
thanks alot!

thanks alot!

i simply turned off my anti virus protect and firewall, just to check if this was the issue, and there it was! the servers came back flooding as udgual and i nearly cried of happiness :D if any1 has this issue, i recomend just to try and turn off ur safety, to run KF and check... if not, i'm sorry

Upvote 0
I've never been able to host a game that my friend could join. He can host and sometimes I will see his game and sometimes it works.. There are times when it will work two or three days in a row..

Mostly tho, he hosts and I just can not see his game. Basically I have given up. There is no rhyme or reason as to why this thing sometimes works and then doesn't. It hasn't worked for months, Every now and then we start it up to see if it will decide to work and one time, a couple of months ago, it did, just after that moon map was added. We played for that entire weekend. Then the next time we tried , a couple of days later, nothing..

We both have win 7 PC's all capable of running this game, our routers are not ones that this game has had problems with in the past. No idea why it sometimes works and other times doesn't. I can see the other servers just fine.

I have tried all the "fixes" including the master file copy n paste idea, forwarded all the ports that people have suggested.. None of it explains why sometimes this game works and I can play it with my friend and other times (most of the time) it just sits there, not seeing his game.

Upvote 0
It's possible that your router is assigning a new IP address to your computer each time you boot it. When this happens you have to re-forward your ports, by changing which IP the port forwarding is affecting so that it is correct again.
It's probably setting the IP to the one you have the ports forwarded every now and then.

You can stop it from happening somehow but I don't know. I'd like a hand with that as-well...

Upvote 0
Yeah I have checked for that and made adjustments and so on.

I did have a static IP for myself but for some reason or other I stopped doing it.. I don't think it is that hard to do.. :IS2:

At any rate this game continues to boggle and astound me with how it fails to let my friend and I play. :confused:

And this game is the only one that does this mind you.. :eek:

Upvote 0