• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix for Connecting (Index.rom) Hang

Same

Same

Interesting enough i never had this issue when killing floor was first released, i stopped playing KF a few months ago and have recently come back after the updates.
My KF worked flawless a few months ago now it doesn't, I get the index.rom hang, sometimes after alot of trying i will get into a server but alas as soon as the map changes i time out and im back to index.rom hangs.

I have tried deleting client.blob, messing around with killingfloor.ini, deleting and re-downloading KF from 2 different servers, Port forwarding every port i could find associated with KF, tried DMZ host, upgraded my firmware on my modem/router. turning off windows firewall, disabling anti virus protection, killing every process not critical to windows, i have also tried this recent "update fix" stated on this page, alas nothing works for my multiplayer.

I refuse to format my system to "try" and get KF to work, nothing has changed on my system since KF use to work, no new hardware no new apps etc.

System spec.
O/S: Windows XP sp3
CPU: AMD Socket A 3200+
Ram: 1.5 gb ddr1 pc3200
GFX: AGP 6800GT
Sound: SB live Value
Router is a Netcomm NB6plus4W

My other games run fine, only after KF updates did this issue appear for myself.

Upvote 0
Same here in Norway, bull**** network made by Tripwire Interactive for a good game like this. It's so bad that I can't even play the game I paid for and the game I like the best.

Unfortunately, you have your facts wrong. Tripwire is not the cause of this issue. The problem is in receiving incorrect files from Steam. We have continually attempted to work with them to fix this, but they have not been able to pinpoint the issue. We are sorry about this issue, but we have done everything we can to correct it.

Upvote 0
Help!

Help!

I bought KF last weekend and I experienced the problem that everyone talks about:
-After 30 seconds of being on a server, I see specimens and players walking into walls...

By searching in the forum, I tried port fowarding in the router, didn't worked for me. I tried to substitute se folder system but I ended reinstaling the game...

My router is a thomson TG784 and I can't change that because it was instaled for the TV service too.

So, my question is: What else can I try? or Should I give up? or Should I wait with faith in steam and triwire? Should I ask for refund?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Desperate

Desperate

Hey everyone,

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GAME!

BUUUUT.....It doesn't work AT ALL ANYMORE! :'( it brings tears to my eyes.

First off, I am on a Mac and using Steam.

Killing Floor in my games list just says "Download Starting..." ALL THE TIME!
It never actually does anything and will freeze up steam when I try to launch it. Does anyone have ANY idea what's going on or how to fix it? I'm having serious Killing Floor withdrawal.

Thanks Everyone! :D

Upvote 0
That sounds like an issue that's going to have to be taken up with Steam. Some of our quick fixes when we have issues like that are deleting the 2 .blob files in your Steam directory and deleting the whole killingfloor folder and reinstalling the game. If those don't work, I'd talk to Steam support and/or post on the Steam forums asking for help.

Upvote 0
.....My KF worked flawless a few months ago now it doesn't, I get the index.rom hang.....

My KF has similar problem like rarebreed said.

Everything was fine when i bought it around Jan,
and few months ago (around May i think), it began the index.rom hang.

I had dig around Internet, tried every file modification or verification i found, nothing worked until i tried the re-installation of KF(which took a lot of time to download).

The first few times of the re-installation fixed the problem, BUT only the first several connections(maps) in each re-installation. And then somehow, re-installing KF didn't work anymore. So i started the loop of searching-messing around with files-cursing , again.

Several days ago i noticed the steam file ClientRegistry.blob in some other thread. So i gave it a try by killing it. And HOLY**** it fixed the problem. My KF worked perfectly for days, I was so happy because I thought the problem is gone forever...

...until yesterday. The index.rom hang problem came back again. And this time, no matter what steam files I killed, what loop I tried(did I mention cursing?), nothing worked at all. Man, this is just like CANCER transferring EVERYWHERE! WHERE THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM NOW?

I know, this problem looks most likely steam's problem. And, I know nothing about programming but can't you guys just cut some steam AUTH process in the game connection and give us an update to try?

BTW, the details of my index.rom hang problem are like the followings:
- 95% it hangs at index.rom
- 4% it goes to the map loading screen, but after the harddisk light flashes for a while, it hangs there. And after a few minutes it goes back to the server list without any error message.
- 1% it goes into the game, but totally not playable. No UI pops up, can't see other players or zombies, but I can hear the trader and other sounds. And after a few seconds, it hangs.
- The solo is fine, even my listen server is fine! People can connect to me without problem. But my bandwidth can't afford a full server.

Upvote 0
I would try deleting your whole Steam installation folder and see what happens. Since there was no update to Killing Floor in May when this issue started, you are correct in believing that it's a Steam issue. Please let us know if this helps or if the problem remains after deleting the Steam folder and reinstalling Steam(and Killing Floor).

Upvote 0
I would try deleting your whole Steam installation folder and see what happens. Since there was no update to Killing Floor in May when this issue started, you are correct in believing that it's a Steam issue. Please let us know if this helps or if the problem remains after deleting the Steam folder and reinstalling Steam(and Killing Floor).

Unfortunately, that's not an option for me right now. I have other bunch of steam games going too, and I don't like to mess them up. It's unfair to say this but none of them has connection issue like this, even after the mess above.

Upvote 0