• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix for BT HomeHub / Thomson / BeBox etc routers disconnecting - walking into walls

As noted in the edited first post, the file fix no longer works unfortunately. Your choices are: try forwarding your ports listed in a sticky (works for a few people), try the telnet fix (works 100% IF your router allows telnet access and you are able to log in to it), or use a workaround (such as typing reconnect into the console twice, or adding servers to your favourites and joining through there without clicking on the internet tab).

Or of course changing your router.

Upvote 0
I'll have a go at forwarding my ports, but i just tried joining a server and rather then having the usual connection lost proble, it completely closed my killing floor program and gave me this critical era, please help:

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1995 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS (7624)

General protection fault!

History: UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-BioticsLab <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I dont understand computer speak so i have no idea what it means.

I also just tried connecting via my favourites list, which worked fine. But then i got "Forcibly removed from the server" For Reason: Unspecified" Which has never happened to me before the months and months i played this game in my old house. So im assuming its because of the router again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just bought this game and it does not even work.

I just bought this game and it does not even work.

I use my internet for PS3 online for Xbox live for a bunch of PC games including all my many steam games and every game works fine.

Except for killing floor I join a game it is working players will be shooting at the horde and then all of a sudden the players are running in spot and so are the zombies.

Nothing moves after that I cannot communicate nothing. I know for a fact it is not my router I don;t even have the one they say has an issue. Port forwarding wont work since I already on the start unlock all ports. Not to mention every other game I have on multiple devices and on PC all work.

I even have some games working with really fussy net code and they all function. I just bought this game was looking forward to the Christmas event I will now miss because of this.

I already read and have many times seen tech support try to blame the customers equipment. Any mod or support or anyone who wants to post that it is needs to rethink what they want to say.

I want something that is helpful saying to forward my ports is not useful to me at all. Fix your game or give me my money back because this is not right.

I have never had any game run this poorly online and I am 28 years old I have been playing games since 5. Many of my gaming years from at least 1998 and up I have played online games and have played many. My game room looks like a gamestore full of all sorts of games. Name a platform right now that can play online I have it. I literally have a whole wall of boxes and cases of games just stacked there. 2 walls of my room are all games. Not one of my games out of that has been as bad as this.

Not one this game is all but 100% broken it is totally useless to me in it's current state.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
Wish i had read here before i gave you my money for this game...Its useless to me right now. and to say its 100% router/hardware fault in my eyes is pretty rude. face it there is no workaround or fix working at all, ive tried it all on BT homehub 2.0 and nothing. happy christmas to me i suppose. Please post a fix here that works

Upvote 0
I just use the stopwatch on my mobile phone to count down the minute after the server query. Occasionally the server will already be full so I tend to select servers with no more than 4 active players.

Previously I was bridging my IP address which worked fine & proves the issue is caused by the router. I found it was too much hassle changing the settings in the HomeHub GUI & release/renewing the IP every time I wanted to play.

Upvote 0
It shouldn't actually stop you playing unless your router crashes, you should be able to use one of the workarounds at the very least. Once you are in a server and running OK you shouldn't have any other problems on that server. If you're not able to connect to the game rather than timing out once you are in it then check that the game is allowed through your firewall, as updated executable files will need to be re-allowed.

Upvote 0
Video solution

Video solution

Hey guys i've posted a video tutorial on Morellos telnet method to help people out who are having problems with it. Its all pretty in HD and i have voice commentated it to make it as easy as possible to understand. I of course have credited you Morello and have linked this thread in the description.

*Note: i have o2 broadband which uses the thompson TG585 v7 router if any1 was interested.

YouTube - Killing Floor BT Home Hub and Thomson router telnet fix tutorial

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok so i guess whoever moderated my previous message took out the link i made to the actual video tutorial which sort of makes the whole post kinda pointless, if you didn't want to allow the link i understand but then you shouldnt of allowed the message at all as it doesnt make any sense without the link.

Upvote 0
ok so i guess whoever moderated my previous message took out the link i made to the actual video tutorial which sort of makes the whole post kinda pointless, if you didn't want to allow the link i understand but then you shouldnt of allowed the message at all as it doesnt make any sense without the link.
No the link didn't show up when you posted it seems, you can edit the message to include the link.

Upvote 0
no thank you, this fix has saved ALOT of hassle for me, out of curiosity what exactly does the GAME(UDP) rule do which prevents connection to most servers for more than a number of seconds? and why is it only a select few routers affected?

Also you can do what you want with the video, i made it to help people so post it wherever you think is helpful/necessary.

Upvote 0