• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fistful of Frags - Western HL2 mod

Looks like the dedicated server stuff got released, so it cant be too long now. Looks like itll be a fun update.

Highlights:

- cooperative/singleplayer mode: 1 to 8 players and 4 different missions
- Winchester 1893 pump shotgun added, some weapon animations highly improved. Rock salt shells added.
- New damage model, revolvers fire and reload faster, rifles are harder to use in close range
- New team vs maps: fof_loothill and fof_canyonland
- Kill the boss mode added: both teams have a NPC boss to protect, the first team killing the enemy one wins.
- Higher player speed, some movement restrictions removed, special dodge jump skill added
- Fistful of Dollars, our main multiplayer mode, is faster, more dynamic.
- New notoriety system: players start every round with a base amount + extra depending how good they did in previous round.
- Deathmatch bots!

Full changelog and trailer

Upvote 0
Surely there is a few 2560x1600 gamers?
Nope we're all poor pesants with our quaint 18-24" screens and laptops :p

Played a couple of rounds earlier, both offline with bots and online. Quite suprised with the bots as they arnt all that bad for a first time, nothing special and quite similar to RO's bots in terms of their movement but they use all the weapons fairly sensibly, throwing dynamite, switching to melee etc but the levels that they are used in (well the two i played) are fairly small, attack/defend one point, so the movment/pathing isnt all that bad.

Online its fairly similar to before but with improvements here and there, the most anoying thing though is when people dont understand the gameplay and tend to ignore the money drops, kinda ruins the whole notorary(sp ) system and can make some games totally inbalanced.

Upvote 0
My opinion of the mod has not been changed at all, it is still a mod with lots of potential, the whole spagheti western theme is supricingly well suited for a game, but it's just not there yet, the gunplay feels kinda wonky and unpolished, i don't know where i'm shooting half the time.. keep at it though.

Upvote 0