• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fistful of Frags - Western HL2 mod

I had hoped that since these are 'bolt' rifles, they wouldve at least been 1 shot 1 kill, but not so unfortunately.
Also suffers a bit from the well-known source lagging-hitbox syndrome.

Man, this is the West, if you get shot in the shoulder you just shrug it off and keep on going because you're just THAT tough.

Upvote 0
Aye, twas only a matter of time before someone made it, thease western mods have popped up for every major title out there since Quake2, some have been better than others, especially weapon positioning on the screen have been an issue with them, but they have all been good fun, since the lineup of weapons is a nice change of pace from the usuall assault-rifle spam, i'll have to give it a try :)

Upvote 0
ITT Amerikaner wants ***-

fof_elpaso0005a.JPG

Upvote 0
I played this last night and had... wait for it... FUN.

I'd better read the manual coz I really didn't understand the 2 x coloured vertical bars (Money & Notoriety, ??).

The bow seemed incredibly fast and accurate and I kept being killed by it :D Visually its a bit bare but the game play (What I understand it to be) is simple and entertaining.

Certainly a pleasant change to play after all that COD4 spam.

Upvote 0
I played this last night and had... wait for it... FUN.

I'd better read the manual coz I really didn't understand the 2 x coloured vertical bars (Money & Notoriety, ??).

The bow seemed incredibly fast and accurate and I kept being killed by it :D Visually its a bit bare but the game play (What I understand it to be) is simple and entertaining.

Certainly a pleasant change to play after all that COD4 spam.

Money is plundered from chest. First team to meet the map-specific goal (usually $7500 or $15000 depending on map size) wins the round.

Noteriety is a sort of money system, more along the lines of the Firearms (the HL1 mod) system. The more noteriety, the more/better guns you can get. You can also get powerups like Pain Tolerencer (armor), Spurs (full stamina), Boots (speed) and a vest that cuts chest plundering time by 25% IIRC.

Upvote 0