• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Firefight scores are sometimes bugged

Goten

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Well ... it happened again last night. That's the third time I get this so I just have to report :)

Catagory: Code

Reproducibility: Sometimes

I got this 3 rounds out of ... let's say 30 or so that I played ...

Summary: Sometimes, after the round ends in Firefight, the team with a smaller score wins, or BOTH team win

Description: As I said, it happened 3 times for me:

- first two times, the round has ended due to time expiring (7 minute rounds as I remember). Both times it happened, the losing team lost at a difference of 1 point (and, NO, I AM SURE: nobody got a final kill that I didn't notice in the last milisecond). One time the losing team won (aka Axis 71 - Russians 70 -> Russians won), the other time BOTH team won (it was the first round and the score showed 1 - 1 while both the Axis and Allied winning music played in the background :/ )

- 3rd time the round ended due to that "Man power" stuff - it was 200 to 192 in favor of the Axis (or something like that, anyway a difference much larger than 1 point). The result: Allies won the round.

Online/Offline: Online

Happened to me first time yesterday, TE-Spartanovka, playing allies side.

Axis reinfo was cut to 0, with just a few axis players alive. Allies had still ~20 reinforcements left. While allies were pushing from Town Hall to recapture building block 2, with town hall devoid of axis - suddenly game declares Axis won the match....

Upvote 0
Yes, its a bug in the way it calculates who won the rounds that are decided on points, as opposed to the rounds won on objectives or reinfs (the first one being a new feature that was not present in RO1).

However, on those occasions I am myself a bit unsure how it is meant to decide who wins when it is supposed to function normally, so that I can't really come up with any suggestions as to where the problem could be when it bugs out like this and declares both teams winners.

Upvote 0
On TE-Spartanovka, Allies win if they hold at least one objective at the end of the round (or lockdown trigger fires) IMHO. Usually, axis team always has more points in that map as they're the ones attacking and capping objectives.

Let's get clear: we are talking about screwed round scores, not matches :)

Of course that if a match has 2 rounds and the attacking team has won one of them, then they will 99% win the match. The only way a defending team can win a game after losing one round is to have beaten the attackers on a huge difference that first round ... which doesn't really happens (I mean, if you lose a round so drastically, it's very unlikely you'll win the next round).

Anyway, enough offtopic :p

Upvote 0
This is a type of bug where any screenshots that you guys have of the victory screen will be really helpful. Pics that show what your team and the enemy team had points wise, as well as screens from the scoreboard. We had a report similar to this but was unable to replicate this issue reported, and screenshots were never reported.

This seems to be a bug with calculating the total score for determining what team is the victor. So pics that show what were the total team points and scoreboard information will help us simulate and try to get a reproduction for what is causing this.

Upvote 0
Hey DrStrange, thanks for the input !

Here is a link to a thread I made in General Discussion long time ago:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=69805[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=69805[/URL]

If I'm not mistaking this is the first time it happened to me, so I wasn't even sure it was a bug :/

For reproduction, if I may give an advice: try playing FF and when the round is about to end just try to keep the MANPOWER difference between the two teams to 1 point, it seems to happened more often this way ...

As far as TE is concerned maybe the others can give you a way to reproduce it. I can't ... I don't even have a recollection of this happening in a TE game.

Upvote 0
Occurred just minutes ago on oldgits.co.uk. TE-Station map, 1st round. All reinfo on both sides expended. Allied held firmly last cap, so win should've been awarded to allies - but it went to axis instead.

Despite the victory screen shows 1+1 victories, I'm pretty sure we played just one round.

Screenshot of victory screen here.

Upvote 0
Ok, news: it also happens in TE :D Well, it's news for me anyway :rolleyes:

I did the "mistake" of playing other games after this happened and I don't remember how it exactly occured, but I remember some things as:

- this was the first round
- we (the Axis) capped C and we were fighting over D
- (I think - not sure) that both teams had depleted their reinforcements, so Tummel could be right: this happens after both teams depleted their reinforcements ...
- russians should of won (don't know how I remember that, but I'm sure of it), so instead of 0-1 for russkies, it went 1-1.

Pics attached (wrong order, PIC 1 is actually PIC 2 and vice-versa)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yesterday I had a similar result as Gotens. Unfortunately I had forgotten I had turned my Ingame Steam overlay off in an early attempt to fix the freezes I later learned was caused my PB, so I couldn't take a screenshot.

It was also on Grain Elevator and it showed 1 round won for each team despite it being first round. Axis had 95 reinf and allies 0.

Upvote 0