Firefight gamemode FTW!

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

bezzi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2011
Territory best gamemode and firefight is horrible with 64 players in Apartments.

Gudenrath

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 23, 2011
Since it is an extra feature I don't mind it. And yes sometimes it is fun to just mindlessly kill with no objective in mind. I don't think I will be using it very often, but I see no reason to object to it.

nebsif

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 12, 2011
Territory best gamemode and firefight is horrible with 64 players in Apartments.
Same with 64 Danzig on TE.
Most populated FF servers dont allow more than 40 players btw, just give it a try. TE always plays the same, this one doesnt and thats what I love about it.

Mr_Cossack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2011
My favourite mode is TE and i do like firefight, but Countdown i just don't like it that much at the moment.

Hopefully when the game is released a lot of the UK servers will play TE only maps as that is the mode i enjoy the most. :D

dieterweber

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 31, 2011
um.... Firefight is probably the worst gamemode ever made. If I wanted to play meaningless kill the other team without an objective games I would pop in a ****ty COD game.

Private Who?

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 18, 2006
Texas
+1 for FF. I don't know yet if I really like it BETTER than territory (doubt it) but it IS a really nice change of pace. I've only got about 3 hours in-game so far, but it's mostly been FF in apartments. It is a bit addictive.

It will be interesting to see how the different game-types populate servers when the final game hits, but at the very least a quick couple of rounds of fire-fight will be a good way to warm up.

Like Tripwire has been saying for months...now we have OPTIONS.

And options are good!

prowokator

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 1, 2006
Finland
Firefight - probably fun when drunk. But the spawns are mega random.. I spawned in the same place with 4 germans.. and I was ruskie. Atleast that's how it seemed. X__x

CrazylikE

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2011
Personally I would love to have the traditionally bomb and defuse / search and destroy game mode brought into RO2, I wouldnt play anything else if it was in there. Now I kind of have to even if I dont like it that much, because the game is just that good and I love FPS games with the WW theme.

Zennousha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 1, 2006
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
At first I thought Firefight would be the worst of everything about CoD. The spawns can be a bit chaotic. However, I find at least there's teamplay and active roles being taken by players, unlike Countdown which is "hunker down and don't move regardless of whatever is happening."

Tarkin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2011
This is what stood out for me as well once we started testing it. Aside from the chaos, it can be surprisingly tactical...

The spawns can be fairly predictable. Depending on where the enemy is at the time, I've had a good bit of luck being ready and waiting for them at their next spawn area.

(at least on apartments)

Kurtensen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 21, 2011
Spain
I honestly can't stand this mode. Everytime it pops up more than twice in a rotation I have to switch servers because honestly, I find it horrendous

oscar.nein

Administrator
Jan 1, 2006
Firefight - probably fun when drunk. But the spawns are mega random.. I spawned in the same place with 4 germans.. and I was ruskie. Atleast that's how it seemed. X__x

I believe there's a bug with how spawns are checked before spawning. Basically there's no enemy radius check.

FenwicK98

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2011
is that pic yours ?? because i seen the video it was in and thought it was funny as hell ,replayed it like 5 times!.............

HellBilly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2011
if ro2 wants to take a big bite out of cod market

firefight is the game mode to do it

tw stance on anticheat, post release support, and firefight is why me and my friends are here

luciferintears

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2011
Still havent tried it; doesnt seem very appealing.

Nor has the idea of "constantly changing spawns" been a selling point for me. Brings back memories of MW2 and Black Ops.

Me: Imma clear this house!

Me: Sweet all clear, lets move on..

*Enemy spawns in the room i JUST cleared 5sec ago*

Him: YOU DIE NOW! BANG!!!

Me: wtf where did you come from?

I dont want them taking it out, i just hope it doesnt become the popular game type...