• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Firebug Update Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomommassis

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Palmdale, CA USA
So i was flipping through the game files to see what neat things i can try to do..then i stumbled across the game manual which to be completely honest i had no idea even existed..but anyways i saw this

1.2 Killing Floor

On the last day of August, something very strange happened in the city of London.

A group of several thousand protesters had assembled outside the offices of a wealthy Biotech
corporation called Horzine. The riot police were called in because the general consensus was that these
protesters were the violent sort, and needed a lesson in civil obedience. All of this was based on
eyewitness testimony that the office entrance had been smashed to pieces. It was agreed that this was a
poor way to treat the property of a renowned government defence contractor, and the men suited up,
put their visors down, and moved in.
Upon arriving, the officers found the entrance to be deserted. Still, a gaping hole stood where the doors
had been, and there was debris and twisted metal, and all the evidence they really needed to start
clapping hippies in cuffs. And as though he had read the officers’ collective thoughts, one of the
protesters emerged from that man-made orifice and stumbled up to them. Almost immediately there
was gunfire because this protestor, a naked, emaciated mess, had sunk elongated teeth into the neck of
the closest cop, and was vigorously tearing off bits of flesh.
With the smell of blood now thick in the air, the rest of the “protestors” emerged from that wound in the
building. By the hundred. They howled and shambled and moved as though they had some terribly
important purpose. There were little ones, and large ones, and those with chainsaws and cleavers instead
of limbs and in the last moments of his life, the police sergeant mused that it was a bit like staring at a macabre circus troupe.

On the last day of August, London turned into a Killing Floor.

my point being dare i ask is tripwire going for a type of pun?
Code:
 [SIZE=3]On the last day of August, London turned into a [COLOR=darkred]Killing Floor[/COLOR][/SIZE].
will the update be released on the last day of august!? :O

discuss :]

Last edited:
the story you posted isnt by TWI, its by the original creator of KF and was probably written back in 2005.

So i was flipping through the game files to see what neat things i can try to do..then i stumbled across the game manual which to be completely honest i had no idea even existed..but anyways i saw this

1.2 Killing Floor

On the last day of August, something very strange happened in the city of London.

A group of several thousand protesters had assembled outside the offices of a wealthy Biotech
corporation called Horzine. The riot police were called in because the general consensus was that these
protesters were the violent sort, and needed a lesson in civil obedience. All of this was based on
eyewitness testimony that the office entrance had been smashed to pieces. It was agreed that this was a
poor way to treat the property of a renowned government defence contractor, and the men suited up,
put their visors down, and moved in.
Upon arriving, the officers found the entrance to be deserted. Still, a gaping hole stood where the doors
had been, and there was debris and twisted metal, and all the evidence they really needed to start
clapping hippies in cuffs. And as though he had read the officers’ collective thoughts, one of the
protesters emerged from that man-made orifice and stumbled up to them. Almost immediately there
was gunfire because this protestor, a naked, emaciated mess, had sunk elongated teeth into the neck of
the closest cop, and was vigorously tearing off bits of flesh.
With the smell of blood now thick in the air, the rest of the “protestors” emerged from that wound in the
building. By the hundred. They howled and shambled and moved as though they had some terribly
important purpose. There were little ones, and large ones, and those with chainsaws and cleavers instead
of limbs and in the last moments of his life, the police sergeant mused that it was a bit like staring at a macabre circus troupe.

On the last day of August, London turned into a Killing Floor.

my point being dare i ask is tripwire going for a type of pun?
Code:
 [SIZE=3]On the last day of August, London turned into a [COLOR=darkred]Killing Floor[/COLOR][/SIZE].
will the update be released on the last day of august!? :O

discuss :]

Upvote 0
This thread should be merged in the ''Killing Floor isnt updated'' thread. Anyway, i 'm pretty sure that TWI willl release something between of those...

To answer the questions lurking on the forums: yes, Tripwire will be attending a number of shows over the next couple of months, showing new material. The schedule looks like this:

3-5 September, Seattle - PAX West: some more of us will be over on the west coast for PAX. This time we will have our own booth (#3646) where we will be showing Heroes as well as letting people get hands on with The Ball - and possibly some other games, too. No doubt there will be a few giveaways for good measure! Sam Hulick will also be at the show with us.

30 September

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.