• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Firebug DLC weapon: Suomi KP/-31 with a underbarrel Flamethrower

LunaticMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Finland
I think this weapon would make a amazing addition for the Firebug. It's the finnish ww2 smg with a underbarrel flamer! Ain't that cool?
Basically it would be a smg that could shoot fire bullets like the Mac-10, but also would have a flamethrower under it's barrel.

How would i balance it?
  • It would have a base mag of 60 rounds, less damage than the Mac-10.
  • The underbarrel flamethrower would have 30 round in it's magazine. Same damage and range with the Caulk'n burn.
  • You would get a magazine for both the sub machine gun and the flamethrower from a ammo box.
  • Tier 4 weapon and cost maybe 1500 or more?
  • Would fit well with Strasser.
  • Would function a lot like the M16 M203. So when reloading the flamethrower, the player characters would remove the fuel tank located beneath the flamethrower and replace it with a new one. Also the weapon model would not have a fuel tank backpack.
What do you guys think? Would this gun be a neat addition?

1584635175022.png

Last edited:
Would function as m203.... Here's the thing. It's an underbarrel so you'd need an alt fire to fire it right?
How will you reload it?
Obviously you can't press alt fire to reload it since its not a GL (unless its empty), and reloading it normally would prioritise the rifle first and if the rifle is full, then the under barrel.

+ mac10 is already a joke weapon that has little to no use and dealing only 25 dmg, so at T4 dealing less dmg than mac10 wouldn't be ok imo.... especially with this quirky reload.
Might as well just give it the mac10 dmg of 25.
(Mac 10 seriously needs that stupid equip animation removed.... yet we're still here)

I like the idea of the weapon tho, just might be quirky.
+ if it's an smg, might crossperk with the swat.

Upvote 0
Would function as m203.... Here's the thing. It's an underbarrel so you'd need an alt fire to fire it right?
How will you reload it?
Obviously you can't press alt fire to reload it since its not a GL (unless its empty), and reloading it normally would prioritise the rifle first and if the rifle is full, then the under barrel.

+ mac10 is already a joke weapon that has little to no use and dealing only 25 dmg, so at T4 dealing less dmg than mac10 wouldn't be ok imo.... especially with this quirky reload.
Might as well just give it the mac10 dmg of 25.
(Mac 10 seriously needs that stupid equip animation removed.... yet we're still here)

I like the idea of the weapon tho, just might be quirky.
+ if it's an smg, might crossperk with the swat.
Yeah basically if the devs want to be lazy they could make it so that the gun would always first reload the bullet magazines and then the flamethrower's magazine/fuel tank.

The devs could also make it that you can reload the flamethrower by pressing a "special button" that would only reload the flamethrower. Maybe button like ( X ) ? Or is there already a usage for the button X ?

And i see no problem in the flamethrower using the same button to fire as the M203 does, so the mouse scroll button. So basically just hold the mouse scroll button down to continuously fire the flamethrower.

And if the bullet damage is too low they could always make it do more or the same amount of damage as the mac-10 does. I'm fine with either. The devs could also buff the mac-10 because nobody really uses it anymore.

Upvote 0
Yeah basically if the devs want to be lazy they could make it so that the gun would always first reload the bullet magazines and then the flamethrower's magazine/fuel tank.

The devs could also make it that you can reload the flamethrower by pressing a "special button" that would only reload the flamethrower. Maybe button like ( X ) ? Or is there already a usage for the button X ?

And i see no problem in the flamethrower using the same button to fire as the M203 does, so the mouse scroll button. So basically just hold the mouse scroll button down to continuously fire the flamethrower.

And if the bullet damage is too low they could always make it do more or the same amount of damage as the mac-10 does. I'm fine with either. The devs could also buff the mac-10 because nobody really uses it anymore.

I had no prob for flamethrower to use same button as m203, from where did you bring that up?

The extra button tbh would be a nice addition to have, as it would not only make your suggested weapon easier to reload, but also buff other weapons.

For example: pulverizer safe switch, so you could do heavy attacks without it going off.
Incision to bring auto aim back (with probably reduced damaged.... not that the gun needs a buff lol)

But idk if they would add that functionality... since now we are limited by the console people and their limited amount of buttons on a controller.

Upvote 0
I had no prob for flamethrower to use same button as m203, from where did you bring that up?

The extra button tbh would be a nice addition to have, as it would not only make your suggested weapon easier to reload, but also buff other weapons.

For example: pulverizer safe switch, so you could do heavy attacks without it going off.
Incision to bring auto aim back (with probably reduced damaged.... not that the gun needs a buff lol)

But idk if they would add that functionality... since now we are limited by the console people and their limited amount of buttons on a controller.
What problem? I mean yeah it would use the alt fire thingy that the M203 and the medic grenade rifle uses. You just worded that one sentance so strangely. Nothing else.
And yeah the special button thingy would easily work for the PC players, but console players would have to press multiple buttons to do the thing.

Upvote 0
I was already wary of having the Incendiary Rifle added as it would mostly be a cranked up Mac-1O, but that just screams Incendiary Rifle Redux. Having it cost more doesn't change much sadly... Even if I've never seen an underbarreled flamethrower in any other game besides the first Black Ops. That'd be neat.

As much as I love the perk, I think he got enough tools at the moment. It's already one of the most versatile considering its weaponry.

I'd rather see it added as a new SWAT weapon tbh. Wouldn't be nearly as inventive (or fun) however, of that we can agree.

Upvote 0
I was already wary of having the Incendiary Rifle added as it would mostly be a cranked up Mac-1O, but that just screams Incendiary Rifle Redux. Having it cost more doesn't change much sadly... Even if I've never seen an underbarreled flamethrower in any other game besides the first Black Ops. That'd be neat.

As much as I love the perk, I think he got enough tools at the moment. It's already one of the most versatile considering its weaponry.

I'd rather see it added as a new SWAT weapon tbh. Wouldn't be nearly as inventive (or fun) however, of that we can agree.
I loved the underbarrel flamethrower mod in BO1. Ah good times.
Oh yeah SWAT could use few more good weapons, maybe a automatic-burst fire smg? Basically you hold down the fire button and the smg keeps firing small bursts? Yeah SWAT also already has one DLC weapon the Riot shield and the automatic-glock18.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I personally think that Firebug has enough bullet based weapons(for now atleast), I wanna see them trying to buff mac 10 first.
The more I play with HRG 16, the more I wanna see M202 FLASH or XM-25, both can be crossperked with demo. XM-25 is crazy weapon that TWI could make work with MORE THAN TWO PERKS, but that's a story for another day.
Oh yeah SWAT could use so good weapons
AR-15 for SWAT, that's all I ask.

Upvote 0
Eeeeh... It wasn't that good, was it? I mean, I guess the worse thing was that you could only kill one or two people at point-blank range with it. It was very situational. But the idea struck me.

That's something I haven't thought for the SWAT, but why the hell not? I'm not hugely fond of burst-firing weapons but I guess that would bring something truly fresh to the table. Because besides the G18 (which is behind a paywall anyway), the SWAT arsenal is very samey sadly.

Upvote 0
Agreed with you for the firebug. As someone who always had a soft spot for the MAC-1O (which was the first non-flamethrower weapon he got in KF1 if I'm not mistaken?), I'm definitely saddened that it gets so little love. I still use it, but I recognized it needs a good buff. And afterwards , we should leave the perk be for a short while.

XM-25 and M202 Flash would be ludicrous... And I like it ! Those are both weapons I think could bring some much-needed fun and overkill to the game. Plus, we don't see them very often either.

As for the AR-15... I'm personally against it but mostly out of creativity reasons. It's something we see quite often in games, so I'm always more interested in very niche and obscure weaponry. But that's just my (silly) two cents.

Reactions: Barot8
Upvote 0