• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fire shotgun boost in new update.

Don Draper

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne Australia
I really like that you boosted the shotgun for the fire perk, it felt lacking everytime i used it.. you could almos argue it is now too powerful.
I am lvl 10 fire atm, i used it on farmhouse full server on "hard" used it solely from about wave 3, had the most kills nearly every round, always had ammo left over, finished with about 380kills for the game.. did not use any other weapon.

Im not against it... it certainly feels heaps better now. but maybe drop the ammo limit by about 4-7 as a start?

The other pproblem i have with the gun, is the ability of it to set stuff on fire, it just dosnt feel as complete as say the fire shotgun in KF1 when using it as a weapon to cover the crowd with fire.

Ill shoot at a crowd, and it will only get 1 or 2 it looks lacklastre i suppose. im sure it does damage over time... but in game it just does not have the feel the KF1 version did when you shot a crowd, you felt like it was doing DPS as you watched them burn.... but in KF2 it probably is... but just does not look it to make you feel its doing the DPS.

Id like its fire DPS to look a bit more substantive. maybe its just me.. what do others think?

Personally, with there not being a faster reload ability (like tactical reload, I know firebug does get a reload buff later) I feel that the trenchgun is in a good spot as a secondary weapon. Its supposed to be a reliable, hard hitting back up at the cost of loading each individual shell.
I also like the realism of incendiary rounds setting things on fire. All in all, it's in a good spot and requires knowledge of when to use it or a flamethrower instead.

Upvote 0
Mariuhana3k;n2284720 said:
judging a weapons strenght and ammo count based on a lvl 10 firebug on hard seems completely pointless.

Just like commenting on a anectdotal event brought to a public forum to see if there is any correlation amongst others users based on my use of it since the update, with no rebuttal..... completly pointless.

Did you use it?

Why is lvl 10 on hard not some kind of indicator? if anything it is a excellent one, if im running arond as lvl10 on hard comfortably... maybe it is a bit too powerful? did you ever use flareguns in KF1? do you think they are too powerful?

From TWI since last update:
Incendiary Shotgun
  • Damage increased 60%
  • Fire rate increased 10%
  • Spread increased 60%
  • Ammo capacity increased by 12 rounds
  • Ammo cost increased 10%

Upvote 0
The trench gun is so much fun to use now, especially as support where you can get 9 rounds and increased penetration. My only one complaint about the gun is the sound it makes, I'm not one to complain about this thing but I think it could be better. It's a small and unimportant issue though, the gun feels great anyways.

Upvote 0
conductiv;n2284844 said:
for the support it competes with the double barrel...and I still think the DB comes out on top despite the trench guns significant power.

Wow, really? It sounds like I have to try a few games on support (haven't played it since the update).

I had always considered the double barrel to be "god tier" for support so I'm a little concerned that the trench is giving it a run for its money...

Can I assume that's on Sui/Hoe?

Upvote 0
infntnub;n2284879 said:
Wow, really? It sounds like I have to try a few games on support (haven't played it since the update).

I had always considered the double barrel to be "god tier" for support so I'm a little concerned that the trench is giving it a run for its money...

Can I assume that's on Sui/Hoe?

its in raw numbers, DB does 25X12 (300) versus trench 27X9 (243) + fire (at a 0.7 scale) getting close to 400 damage per shell on the trench (ignoring perk benifits of both FB and sup), for gameplay on Sui that I play with the trench on FB...it hits hard..but thats subjective and besides the piont on a support. as on support I use DB for its 600 damage spike and knockback power.

I'd say try it.

Upvote 0
Good call - I was rolling with it a bit last night.

You're right though it's not quite at the level of the hunting (although it is fair to say it at least competes - like you had stated).

You scared me for a moment lol. I thought I was going to find the hunting to now be irrelevant.

Phew. :D

I'm glad to see the gun is useful now as I always felt it was a bit of a joke - even after the ammo increase a while back.

Upvote 0
Its OP to be honest. The raw damage does 2056 damage if you count max potential flame damage. Even if you dont count flame damage at all it does 1458. Thats 58 more damage that a full clip from the M4 which is a tier 3 weapon. And this is all stock without leveling. The huge spread it has is a negative but even that can be bypassed by shooting up close.

Before the buff it was already a decent Tier 2 weapon. Maybe slightly underpowered but still good. At 5 weight it was always one of my choices as a Survivalist. With the buff its like they turned it up to 11 and currently I think its gone past where it needs to be. Its arguably the best Tier 2 weapon in the game.

Reactions: Don Draper
Upvote 0