• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finding the Performance Thief!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phenom ii x4 945 C3 3.0 ghz OC to 3.51 (15x234) +corsair h50
EVGA gtx 4601gb 720mhz oc to 825 stable
GA-890fxa-ud5 rev2.0
Corsair XMS3 4gb DDR3 1600
Western digital blue 250gb + seagate barracuda 80gb HDD's
OCZ stealthxstream 600w
win7 64bit sp1
antec 900
1920x1080 monitor

PROGRAMS
Ms security essentials, steam, skype with 1 person call, fraps to measure fps, zune to listen to tunes, firefox with 4 tabs, aida64, logitech lcd monitor, msi afterburner

Game settings:
All ultra except shadows(high), fxaa low, thread lag enabled, shafts and blur enabled, post process preset on enhanced, use hardware phys enabled, all else unchecked. FOV 80

The game seems to not want to use 99% of my gpu as most games that are optimized would. It seems it could use more gpu and get better fps in some spots. Gpu usage hangs around 70-85% max on 1080p. Cpu usage is anywhere from 50 to 70 over 4 cores.

Gpu usage never went above 90% even in smoke, the fps just drops. Seems even when I increase fxaa to max and shadows to ultra, the gpu usage does not go up, it stays the same and the frames just go down.

Seems unoptimized using latest drivers as well.(nvidia)

EDIT: attached dx diag and added programs i use while playing
EDIT2: Video card memory never gets past 650mb really, even on 64p servers. Game needs to use more vram(i hav 1gb)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Dionyss: A lot of people I've encountered are having issues with their GPU being under utilized, some worse than others. I myself noticed that the load won't go past 85% under any circumstance, whilst the temps and such are normal. But I've seen cases where people with bad performence are reporting loads no higher than 35%

I have a i5 750 quad, and although the game performs fine im having increased temps on all 4 cores (99'c) when all my other games only reach in the 70-80s. Ive been using realtemp and a few times i have gotten the rogame.exe crash when the temps must of gotten too high.
Not sure of the load.

My graphics card temps are normal and i get the high temps on the cores no matter what the graphical settings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can post specifics once the beta works again, but this is the general data:

i7 930 @ 3.36ghz
GTX 570 slight OC (280.24)
6gb DDR3

CPU usage - 25% (uses 4 out of 8 threads)
GPU usage - 70%
RAM usage - 3.6gb
FPS on apartments 60-90, 70avg

All setting high but textures ultra and MLAA
motion blur enabled
bloom disabled
light shafts disabled
post processing normal
hardware physics disabled
FOV 87
1680x1050

Programs running:
steam
ventrillo
nvidia
win 7 64bit

I can understand CPU usage but GPU usage should be maxed, seems optimization needs to be done by either TW or Nvidia or both.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Average frames on Apartments with no other players: 30-35 fps

Windows OS Version and 32 or 64 bit:
Windows XP Service Pack 3 32bit
Exact Processor Model: AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ 2.71Ghz
Exact Video Card Model: GeForce 8600GT 512mb
Amount of Ram: 3gb DDR2

Software running:

AVG 2012 AntiVirus
FireFox 6.01
Steam

DxDiag attached.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    37.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a i5 750 quad, and although the game performs fine im having increased temps on all 4 cores (99'c) when all my other games only reach in the 70-80s. Ive been using realtemp and a few times i have gotten the rogame.exe crash when the temps must of gotten too high.
Not sure of the load.

My graphics card temps are normal and i get the high temps on the cores no matter what the graphical settings.
That is TERRIBLE! 90C on a cpu? Dude. Either dust our your cpu heatsink or throw that piece of garbage out and get a better one. Holy ****.

Reactions: Howitzer114
Upvote 0
Only happens on RO2, all other games are fine. 70's max
Only happens in RO2 because you watch it closely? Or only happens in RO2 because it happens everywhere else? RO2 doesn't use more than 70% of 4 cores. If the cores being used are upwards 70-90c then you HAVE A PROBLEM. You are doing damage to your processor. Don't expect it to last much longer.

Upvote 0
So i've found something interesting...

I was using a 6950 (shaders unlocked) and getting absolutely crap performance. Like.. 25 fps no matter what settings. They wouldnt really change if i went from medium-ultra.. (prior to the patch)

I swapped it out and put my 5850 back in, and I'm getting 50-60 fps on average. (post patch)

Windows OS Version and 32 or 64 bit: Windows 7 x64
Exact Processor Model: - intel i5 750 @ 3.3Ghz
Exact Video Card Model: - XFX 5850
Amount of Ram: - 8 GB

Settings:
1920x1080
Post Proc : War Movie
Vsync off
Detail mode: Ultra
Character Detail: Ultra
Texture Qual: High
FX Qual: High
AA: FXAA HIGH
Post Proc: Ultra
Lighting Quality: Ultra
Foliage Quality: High
Bloom: off
Motion blur: on
Light Shafts: on
Ambient Occlusion: off
Framerate Smoothing: On
One frame thread lag: off

Average frames Barracks with no other players: 55

List of actively running software on your machine: Steam, FRAPS, Microsoft Security Essentials, CCC, Via HD audio deck

Upvote 0
Only happens in RO2 because you watch it closely? Or only happens in RO2 because it happens everywhere else? RO2 doesn't use more than 70% of 4 cores. If the cores being used are upwards 70-90c then you HAVE A PROBLEM. You are doing damage to your processor. Don't expect it to last much longer.

Well initially i heard the fan making more sound as usual when on ro2 so i got realtemp to check. Tried various other games (killing floor, bc2, just cause 2) for a while and max temp was nowhere near. Thanks though ill look more onto my rig later.

edit: you guys were right, crappy heatsink and fan, upgraded to a coolermaster v6 and after a round of Ro2 temp topped 46c max. So Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only happens on RO2, all other games are fine. 70's max

70's sound a bit warm no matter what game you're playing. Check your air circulation or clean out the dust or something! Just saying...

Good luck

~Edit... and maybe use a custom fan/temp profile for your graphics cards to up the fan speed. It really just sounds like poor air circulation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pretty d#*$ed laggy

Pretty d#*$ed laggy

I've got all of the advanced video options cranked down to minimum, and I still get at minimum 30fps, and max 56fps. The only thing I haven't done is crank down the resolution of my monitor.
At ultra, I get 20fps minimum, and 50fps maximum.

My system specs are as follows.

Monitor resolution is 1680X1050
Video card is Radeon HD 6870(slightly overclocked)
CPU is AMD Phenom 2 970 at 3.5ghz(default)
Ram is 4gbs of DDR2 1066

Also the game seems to lag more constantly the longer the battle progresses.

Upvote 0
FPS issues

FPS issues

I noticed that the game isn't running too smoothly, particularly since the patch. My graphics are set to high by default, however, I haven't noticed a marked improvement from reducing everything down to low, and have been averaging 20fps on low! DXDIAG is attached.

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5GHz
RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR2 @ 400mhz
Mobo: ASUSTek P5Q PRO TURBO
GFX: Sony Tv (1920x1080@60Hz) 896MB GeForce GTX 260

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    43.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hi,

These are my specs:

Windows OS Version and 32 or 64 bit: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Exact Processor Model: AMD Phenom(tm) II N970 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Exact Video Card Model: ATi Mobility Radeon HD 6550

Amount of Ram: 8GB

Avg. Frames in apartments: 18FPS

Background software: Norton 360 Premier Edition, Steam, Hamachi, FRAPS, AMD Catalyst Control Center.

Thanks.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I have both stats and a GPU load log for reference. I recorded load with MSI afterburner and, well the results do the best explaining(load should always be almost 100%):

RO2%20Bug.png

So, without futher ado, system specs:

Windows OS Version and 32 or 64 bit: - Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64bit
Exact Processor Model: - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb @ 3.2GHz(stock)(C3)
Exact Video Card Model: - 2x EVGA 01G-P3-1465-AR GeForce GTX 465 in SLI
Exact Motherboard(for chipset reference): MSI NF980-G65 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 980a
Amount of Ram: - 4GB DDR3/1600 OCZ and 8GB DDR3/1333 Gskill @ 1333mhz/9-9-9-24
Most recent Drivers, DirectX, and OS updates when I logged load.

Hope that's helpful...

I would test on the Apartments server(and am setup for every stat recording ever needed) but the servers all have "Different Downloadable Content" I'll post a new test when I get the chance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Windows OS Version and 32 or 64 bit: - Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64 bit
Exact Processor Model: - AMD 1055T 3.8 stable
Exact Video Card Model: - 2x gigabyte hd5770
Amount of Ram: - 4 Gigs

I would love to share my fps on apartments but i cant anymore.

Before the recent update medium highish settings i was getting 45ish fps, now on on the same settigns i cant keep a consistent 30.

Have been playing with crossfire off because i gain an additional 50% more fps that way.

Newest drivers updated today.

Only chrome Running in the background no AV nothing else

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    45.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.