• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finding cooperative tankers more easily ingame

TT is a good idea and it can be even better if we all use direct key bindings for vehicle commands. Many players use the speech menu but I find it too slow.

This is my input configuration:

keypad5jr.png

Upvote 0
Buzz_Litebeer said:
In TFC there used to be a group called TPF, it was not a clan.

Basically it was just a group of guys that said "hey, when we are pubbing we make a committment do playing right, acting responsibly, and working together" They would put [TPF] as an appending tag to their name, and if you saw a TPF player you could be pretty certain that asking them for help, or coordinating an attack would get their help or encouragement.

Maybe something similar ? TPF stands for Team Play First btw.

TT seems to be taking off pretty well, I don't think there's a point in changing it. I think it can probably safely be assumed that if we want to be helpful and team players in Tanks that we would do the same in Infantry maps (or when there are no tanks available).

Upvote 0
Greetings guys. Good to see such a nice response :) One more proof that the RO community is the best ever :)

I think it's generally agreed that some variation of [TT] is the suffix of choice. I'll update the first post right away.

[update]
I'm done updating first post. As it's quite late already and I'm kinda tired, so if I forgot anything or anyone thinks I should change anything feel free to post here or send me a pm and I'll change it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aye, you have to bind the vehicle speech keys, using VOIP wont work for everyone and chat is too slow, its in the control menu allmost at the bottom.

Also, Lazerus is correct that a TT tag does not insure the player is a great tanker, but that he/she wants to become one, take me for example, im a good commander but i still need practice in the driving department.

So, i hope us TT's will make a commitment to help eachother out, give advice, and be freindly, because everytime you help a fellow tanker out, the experiance will get better for us all.

And yeah, i too think its a pretty safe asumption that TT's will also be team players on infantry maps, im not sure if that should be an official thing, but then again it could be.

Upvote 0
BobCobb said:
I will add the TT tag next time I play. And I imagine any player with a TT tag will care whether it involves infantry or tanking, so hopefully this will spread amongst the unwashed masses, excluding those that just don't care.

I'd say it allready has, i've seen quite a few TT's online allready, and its only 2 days old at this point, i think this will work out just fine :)

I've also noticed a few times that people without the TT will team up with you as soon as they find out you are a team player, yesterday i jumped in a tank with a guy, he did the driving and i did the shooting, and sure enough, as soon as he found out i was giving commands and spotting the baddies, we teamed up for good the whole round, and got us some nice kills and had fun.
There seems to be quite a few people out there who like team tanking, now the word just has to spead.

The hardest part is removing the old stigma of "anyone who joins my tank is probably a moron who cant drive or shoot", but the cure is simple, lets go out there and kick some arse and chew bubblegum, and lead by example! :D

Upvote 0
Great Idea and one that promotes this community and game in the way it should be done everywhere.

I will be adding [TT] to my tags from now on, have been quite decent at driving and gunning so far. anyone that jumps in a tank with me and is not that good will not be made to feel like a noob, but pointed in the right direction and given any tips I have learnt.

NaW|ExoCet[TT]

Upvote 0