• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finding cooperative tankers more easily ingame

[TT] Nevermore

[TT] Nevermore

I hereby resign my status as cooperative team tanker due to the following:
  1. Crewmates bailing out upon contact.
  2. Crewmates who do not communicate.
  3. Tank gunner/commanders who should be legally blind.
  4. Drivers who think the gun is stabilized and get pissed off if I don't fire on the move.
  5. Drivers who don't know how to properly take up an engagement position with respect to the enemy.
  6. Hull gunners who don't watch the sector opposite the direction of the turret and who don't mark targets with 5-10 round bursts.
  7. Gunner/commanders or hull gunners who absolutely insist on test firing the weapons coming out of the spawn. Hey, Russians! Look at me! My yellow tracers work!
About 5 out of every 6 people I've tanked with have been guilty of at least one of these pet peeves, and it really has become a roll of the die when I jump into an armored vehicle with someone else.

From now on, I'll just stick to providing overwatch or defense from a StuG III or jumping in as a hull gunner on tanks which already have a driver and gunner/commander.

Upvote 0
I hereby resign my status as cooperative team tanker due to the following:
  1. Crewmates bailing out upon contact.
  2. Crewmates who do not communicate.
  3. Tank gunner/commanders who should be legally blind.
  4. Drivers who think the gun is stabilized and get pissed off if I don't fire on the move.
  5. Drivers who don't know how to properly take up an engagement position with respect to the enemy.
  6. Hull gunners who don't watch the sector opposite the direction of the turret and who don't mark targets with 5-10 round bursts.
  7. Gunner/commanders or hull gunners who absolutely insist on test firing the weapons coming out of the spawn. Hey, Russians! Look at me! My yellow tracers work!
About 5 out of every 6 people I've tanked with have been guilty of at least one of these pet peeves, and it really has become a roll of the die when I jump into an armored vehicle with someone else.

From now on, I'll just stick to providing overwatch or defense from a StuG III or jumping in as a hull gunner on tanks which already have a driver and gunner/commander.

It will be a waste to loose a good TT. However, I understand the frustration...especially 6 and 7.!!! I hope you will at least look for good team workers, since I can not find them either. I simply bail if I get a real nut.

The other situation that makes me confused is in a close quarters tank/infantry game, and a driver wants to run rambo at germans with a panzerfaust, and do it over and over and over. Then gets angry at me for not driving in like rambo attempting to utilize infantry cover. The other thing that drives!!! me nuts, there is an infantry anti-tank guy at our 9, you are yelling enemy at our 9, and he keeps turning the turrent from 1 to 4. So I attempt to run over the guy and do 50% of the time, but this idiot is yelling at me that I don't know how to drive, and he seems to be deaf to the explanation. Then tks at spawn in hopes he can get away with the tank for solo to simply use up our reinforcements. :confused:

Upvote 0
i am NOT a team tanker but i suggest u guys stik with it, just give it a month off while the new guys learn how the guns work. the game is going thru a new teething stage. it's all infantry it seems. until the new tankers learn how to play anyway. the next month we should all forget about how precise the game is and teach the noobs but not expect too much. they'll come good. we'll lose a few to infantry but who's left might b quite good in the end..... shooting at spawn is instant tard status for me ...

Upvote 0
Many people I have driven with aren't just crap to piss you off, they don't do things because they aren't aware they should be doing anything different. Many drivers don't know there's a brake, and many gunners haven'e figured out its a good idea to watch the bit opposite to the turret or mark targets. I find that some simple communication and orders can work wonders. Not everyone who plays RO has played it since it was first released, and we should try to help this large part of the community become more experienced and effective so that everyone can have more fun in a tank.

Then there are the retards who are crap just to piss you off, or are too stupid to listen to what you tell them anyway.

Upvote 0
Not to take anything away from a valid grievence but we're supposedly all adults here, and it is after all OUR community so let's collectively try another approach. Fustrating as it can be at times, simply rise above it.It will continue to be an ongoing problem so why not try to make it as painless as possible. Help the poor miserable bastard out or tuck those balls in soldier and move on.:D Your team needs you ! ! !

GOOD GAMING ! ! !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not to take anything away from a valid grievence but we're supposedly all adults here, and it is after all OUR community so let's collectively try another approach. Fustrating as it can be at times, simply rise above it.It will continue to be an ongoing problem so why not try to make it as painless as possible. Help the poor miserable out or tuck those balls in soldier and move on.:D Your team needs you ! ! !

GOOD GAMING ! ! !

Indeed, if we just give up, nothing will ever change.

Lets not forget that part of this whole TT thing is trying to help other tankers out, by teaching them how to be better, because everytime you do, there's another player in the wild that'll be worth tanking with.

If we all take the time to do this, well, it wont save the world or anything, but it'll be a start.

Upvote 0
Personally, the less team tankers the better.

Why?

Well, last nght I was on 9th SS: Ogledow. I was an Axis AT soldier, and must have killed around 20-30 tanks per round. How? They were all solo tanking. My friendly tanks would engage them at the front, I sneaked out from the village/barn, round the back: BANG!
After two rounds my score was up in the 80's and I only capped around 3-4 times.

So as long as they aren't on my Team, solo tank away! :)

Upvote 0
Having dropped out of the game for a few months precisely because I could not find any good teamwork amongst tankers (even amongst some clans) this seems an extremely good way forward. I will certainly be visible as MBV{TT} on the tank servers when I get RO installed again this weekend. Good to see mature tankers uniting on this :)

Upvote 0
I liked the suggestion in this post when I first started reading the forums. (Also ties in with me being a noob at RO). I was told by so many people to "get the **** out of MY tank". I changed my name to have the TT tag, and have enjoyed quite a few shared team tanking experiences. Most pleasing is when an inexperienced tanker comes in and they learn basics of tanking from you and say that they enjoyed the experience. For the sake of a few letters after your name it works pretty well. Having said that, I no longer have the TT after my name though! I like inf maps now.

Upvote 0
I get frustrated when I see a tank soldier bail out of his tank just before it gets blown up because he wants to stay alive and see this guy running for my tank, gets in the driver seat and move away with my tank without even thinking about what I was doing (getting ready to fire on a tgt). I like to team tank too but sometimes you end up alone and would like to stay that way unless peaple would respect you as the tank commander if you are in the turret.

The combat lock on the driver's hatche would be a good thing after all.

Upvote 0