• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Find me a WW2 Pacific scenario

PsychoPigeon

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006
In Unreal
I have a concept for a map that is similar to the Front Lines game mode in Men of War Assault Squad. There is only 1 objective which is located at the end of the map, before it are 3 lines of defense. The idea is the attackers have to beat the clock and wear down defender reinforcements to get to the objective and capture it in time.

To stop attackers simply by passing the defenders and rushing the objective there will be map boundaries that move back (along with spawns) every 5 minutes with a message alerting players to fall back, so each front line gets 5 minutes of playtime and in that time both teams will have to cautiously spend their reinforcements - do the attackers want to play cautiously at the start and save the majority of their reinforcements to go crazy at the last objective or do they play a bit more recklessly and try and take good firing positions to wear down defender reinforcements early on. With no defined cap zone I will be making the defense line visually identifiable and players will have to find the best firing positions I place in the map.

I want the Japanese attacking and U.S defending. The scenario that comes to mind is Guadalcanal but it's already been done and I was wondering if there are any other battles that would fit the map. I'd like to do a jungle environment in day time with some slight height variation in the terrain. For the last objective I had in mind a U.S base with a lot of tents everywhere and less of a front line defined battlefield - a bit more chaotic and lots of banzai charging Japanese running loose amongst the U.S lines. Also any suggestions on roles and how to really bring out some asymmetry between the 2 teams. Obviously attackers will have more reinforcements, I'm planning to give U.S defenders around 80 reinforcements per line of defense while Japanese get 120 - so in total U.S will have 320 and Japanese 480 and that covers the 3 lines of defense and final objective.

This is kind of how it will look like:
Spoiler!

Japanese get 2 spawns to give them more options of attack and to simulate the U.S being outnumbered, the Japanese spawns will be more on the flanks.

Guam looks like a good candidate, hills, jungle foliage, concrete bunkers, although from the references it's hard to tell what was there before the Japanese captured it and built their own defenses so i'll have to take some liberties with that. Could even have the Japanese starting on the beach and moving inland.

Last edited:
Upvote 0