• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Financing vs leasing a car.

Financing vs leasing a car.

• Financing

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • Leasing

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
There was a report on TV about the exact topic and they came to the conclusion that financing is the better/cheaper option.

A dirty summary:

Some reasons for that are that you can choose how you want to get your car repaired and that you don't have to pay fines for any dents or scratches when you finance the car.

Also you can sell the car if you have to and get some of your money back.

Leasing is only reasonable for companies which get the money back from the government.

Upvote 0
Do not lease, ever!

You don't own the car, a lot of leases have restrictions on use and strict regimented service requirements, they fee you for damage and you have no ability to sell the car.

If you can't buy outright finance is the only way to go, also never ever get an extended warranty, it's a crock of ****!

Upvote 0
There was a report on TV about the exact topic and they came to the conclusion that financing is the better/cheaper option.

A dirty summary:

Some reasons for that are that you can choose how you want to get your car repaired and that you don't have to pay fines for any dents or scratches when you finance the car.

Also you can sell the car if you have to and get some of your money back.

Leasing is only reasonable for companies which get the money back from the government.

Well I know that my moms boss leases a new car every few years, but its a luxury car, and its considered a "company vehicle".

I guess a car is just something I'd rather own.

Upvote 0
Lots of 0% finance options around today. Even if you can buy outright, free money is always a plus :cool:

Your mother's boss gets to write off the cost of the entire lease. Were he to purchase the vehicle he'd be limited to the allowed depreciation. And since its a luxury car, the depreciation is even further limited. Leasing makes more $en$e for him/her.

Last edited:
Upvote 0