• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finally - news from the front line in 2006!

Finally - news from the front line in 2006!

Well, everyone has been asking for more updates for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45. Its been a staggeringly busy time for us here at Tripwire - pretty much all of it being a "good busy", as you should see with this update and the ones to follow!

And for our first news post of 2006 we have a whole pile of items.

First up is graphical enhancements to the engine. We've added a whole range of Post-Processing Effects. The engine has been upgraded with several advanced post processing effects using DirectX 9 pixel shaders. These effects are:

1. HDR Bloom: An effect where brighter lit areas of the screen will “Bloom” over nearby pixels. This effect can best be seen in bright areas of the sky or in fire and muzzle flashes. Bloom also smoothes the whole scene.
2. Motion Blur – The old motion blur effect has been replaced with a pixel shader based motion blur effect. This new motion blur effect both looks much better and is much more efficient than the one seen in the mod and doesn’t have the compatibility issues that the old effect had.
3. Color Desaturation Effect: This effect can take the entire seen from a range between full color and completely black and white. This effect is used in Red Orchestra: Ostfront to slightly sap some color out of the world during certain times such as when the player is shell shocked.

And here is a "before" and "after" picture taken from the new map "Odessa" to demonstrate the HDR Bloom effect:

Next up, we can show you the "Dive-to-prone" feature we've mentioned before. A little sequence of pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like to dive over an obstacle for cover!

Talking of features we've already mentioned, but not shown you - here are a couple of quick pictures of the leaning functionality to keep you going:

And finally, for the Tread-Heads out there, we thought we'd give you an early glimpse of the new gunsights. There's a few hints on their functionality in these pictures for good measure! Here you have the TSch-17 gunsight for the Soviet IS-2, plus the TZF12a gunsight on the Panther:

SWEET! Such a good day :).

That dive looks very nicely done aswell. Wondering what happens if you don't clear the obstacle? (as it looks like he might not clear it in those pics all the way, hitting it with his legs or so) Will you just land on it and still lay out prone? Or will you fall over the side and lay on the ground?

Upvote 0
you want and want and wish and pray for ages and miraculously it happens twice in the same night:eek: :D

the countdown to realease clicks ever nearer now, it'll be funny reading all the posts tomorrow wanting MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!! thats not me, i am content, for now..........

it is safe to say i go to bed a happy man, knowing that in the morning i will want more, wish for more and pray (thru the mysterious interweb)to the o'powerful devs for more little gems like have been layed before us tonight

oh and to the devs and all at tripwire a mighty big THANKYOOOOOOOOOOU from what i imagine will be a very grateful community

Upvote 0
Maybe we'll get our scoped stg44 now! :) <3 devs!

Those tank sights look like they could be the best improvement though.

Dive looks like it will simply destroy the movement systems in other games, same with lean. I cannot wait to start leaning :)

Bettered get all my homework and projects done so I can play for a long, long time.

Upvote 0
Is this an inclination that Mausers now have sight hoods?
sighthood10hl.jpg

Upvote 0