Finally had some fun - maybe something changed?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2009
Burning rubble of Koenigsberg
For the first time i had a good funny night of fighting.

I am wondering if something changed because:

- the game now is a lot more stable than in the very first days. A lot.
- i hadn't the usual million of kills by headshot from 1 mile away caused by smgs, mgs, rifles, PTRS, arrows and slings. Something in the gameplay/sway/recoil changed? Just a lot less cheaters on my server? Who knows...
- many germans are, actually, missing their shots...that's incredible. Last time i saw a german missing a shot I was playing RO1 ;) See above.
- the AI operated MGs of Tanks look A LOT less accurate.
- the "cannot prone here" still happens. But maybe a little less.
- my team mates actually helped me and they had some kind of strategic insight - but, this night i was on a server populated by clans...probably it's just that.

Nipper

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2011
Me too. Last night was awsomeness, I had some great matches.
I love this game. :D

flavin420

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 2, 2009
Perhaps whatever game changes have been made, i myself think a lil sway has been added while aiming downsights.

But i think the biggest factor is perhaps some of the newer "noobish" sorry to say but "CODfish" lovers have given up and moved on, so thats a huge addition to the gameplay. I find you also have to find the right server, more often than not the hardcore servers, cause thats where the hardocre team players seem to be most of the time.

RO2 is going to be a GOD amoung PC gaming for sure

CheckYour6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 20, 2011
Germans missing their shots? Can I have an explanation on that? Because rifles are pretty much skill based and the PPsh has been more accurate than the MP40 since day 1.

jolorulz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 18, 2011
Manila
New update raised my FPS by 10ms.. but it still drops significantly on random and frequent occasions... needs more work if you ask me..

MrHat

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 4, 2009
I actually in the last few days had a couple guys ask for orders from me when I was squad leader, and wanted to work together. I was shocked lol

I had to figure out how to issue orders. Good to see some actual teamwork attempts.

Hesgad

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 6, 2011
Germany
Yep all out of the sudden when im in my MG class there are poeple actually handing me ammo never had that happen since beta oO might be people are finally understanding the game

Wodin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 15, 2006
Liverpool UK
You've just ended up playing a a server with a decent bunch on...I also have fun on some servers. The game hasn't changed though...try some other servers and see how you feel.

I was playing last night and was constantly headsniped by camping Germans on the Commissar House map near the Russian Spawn 1 site...was no fun at all..

Qweets

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 13, 2007
For the first time i had a good funny night of fighting.

I am wondering if something changed because:

- the game now is a lot more stable than in the very first days. A lot.
- i hadn't the usual million of kills by headshot from 1 mile away caused by smgs, mgs, rifles, PTRS, arrows and slings. Something in the gameplay/sway/recoil changed? Just a lot less cheaters on my server? Who knows...
- many germans are, actually, missing their shots...that's incredible. Last time i saw a german missing a shot I was playing RO1 ;) See above.
- the AI operated MGs of Tanks look A LOT less accurate.
- the "cannot prone here" still happens. But maybe a little less.
- my team mates actually helped me and they had some kind of strategic insight - but, this night i was on a server populated by clans...probably it's just that.

Cannot prone here is typically pretty realistic, it stops people from glitching into the terrain and shooting people from under ground... remember that from RO1? Yeah, we don't want that again.. I never run into issues with the cannot prone here unless I'm trying to prone somewhere that isn't able to fit my body realistically. The prone system is more realistic than it was in ro1... In ro1 you could clip into everything, was so easy to get under the geometry.. You don't need to make a thread that you don't like the game then come back and tell us you like the game... its just annoying honestly.. You're treating the forum like your personal diary basically, it's kinda lame.

Reactions: vyyye

Sufyan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 15, 2011
Sweden
The game is the same as before, the only thing that has changed for the better is your attitude. Welcome to the fun!

Roztig死

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2009
California
Yep all out of the sudden when im in my MG class there are poeple actually handing me ammo never had that happen since beta oO might be people are finally understanding the game

With time you would think people would learn the most basic things as giving out ammo or you just found a good server with the right amount of people at that given time. I'm hoping the latter.