• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map Final Release / KF-SubCentral

First, don't call it "final" if it isn't.
What he calls it is up to him isn't it? While it may offend your personal view, you really shouldn't try to force your opinion on others.
No, not really. This map still has numerous bugs and should remain in a beta stage until most (if not all) are worked out.
Again, shouldn't the maker of the map decide the stage he puts it in? Try to give constructive feedback instead of your personal opinion of what's right or wrong.
square room-long corridor-square room-long corridor-square room... well you get it.

Uninspired map with uninteresting gameplay. Skip.
Please, if you don't have a constructive feedback to give, don't write anything. I mean who are you trying to help with your statement of skipping the map? It is free and entirely made for others so why be a d-bag? Also I found the design to be pretty interesting actually. Especially the stairs in the main "lobby" that acts as a connector for 4 different areas. The way the stairs are designed is pretty cool. And the area with the trains is simply awesome.

Upvote 0
What he calls it is up to him isn't it? While it may offend your personal view, you really shouldn't try to force your opinion on others.
The word "Final" in "Final Map Releases" was not arbitrarily chosen and can't be interpreted in any which way. Final implies the end of a series - the last map version. If bug testing isn't done properly and bugs that are reported aren't fixed, then a map certainly isn't in final. It will have a lot of future iterations (note: not final). It's quite simple. Broken messes can't be just thrown into this subforum because the author doesn't want to work on it anymore - that makes no sense. If they are, they should expect negative reception from the community.

Again, shouldn't the maker of the map decide the stage he puts it in? Try to give constructive feedback instead of your personal opinion of what's right or wrong.
He can't choose whatever section he wants. I can put a map in General Modding discussion if I wanted to. I'd be wrong to put a map there, but I could if I wanted to. It's not up to opinion what the definition of the word "final" means.

The map was put into beta, a lot of bugs were reported, but the poster didn't fix them and then continues to be uninterested in doing so despite the flood of issues reported in this thread as well. I think you can see why people aren't keen on giving "constructive criticism" when the mapper themselves has lost interested in making this map something that could be called a "final" version.

Upvote 0
When I played it, it had a few bugs. You could, for example, stay on the edge of that small 'control room' and shoot down. The ZEDs behind your back wouldn't attack you.

I still hope the creator of this map does not feel insulted by some of the feedback he mentioned in the first post, because the map itself looks fantastic and I'm sure that a lot of work went into it. :(

Upvote 0
The word "Final" in "Final Map Releases" was not arbitrarily chosen and can't be interpreted in any which way. Final implies the end of a series - the last map version. If bug testing isn't done properly and bugs that are reported aren't fixed, then a map certainly isn't in final. It will have a lot of future iterations (note: not final).

Im not trying to start an argument here :), but the way I see it, a map/mod is never entirely "final" because the community might find bugs even after months or years, thats why even TWI upgrades their maps almost every time a new update comes out, yet most people would consider their maps as final.

So to me a map could be posted in the final release forums when its fully playable and most obvious bugs have been fixed, but that doesnt mean the author cant still update the map if new bugs are found. In case of SubCentral he made a mistake I guess considering it had pretty bad problems with spawns and what not, and to be honest I made a similar mistake too earlier. However in my case I fixed them the next day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sad, because this was actually one of the better custom maps. I've seen some issues with it in beta but I didn't play the "final" one.

I'm gonna try to make my own level as well , but I'm coming off source. I first want to see lots and lots of tutorials :p

Dont worry, Im working again on this map, now is much bigger, interactive,detailed and fun to play! Ijust need some more time before publish the complete new beta version! =)

Upvote 0