• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Sport] FIFA 2014 - Brazil

Terrible start, one of the worst world cup opening ceremonies that I can remember.

First game wasn't great, terrible referee, Neymar should have been sent off for a deliberate elbow, Fred dived for the penalty, Croatia were denied a second goal for a nothing foul.

Second game Mexico were denied two good goals that were incorrectly ruled offside.

Just now Diego Costa dived to win a penalty.

If this keeps up it will be worse than South Africa 2010 which takes some doing.

Upvote 0
and what happened in that game is one of the reasons football pisses me off.
The German guy play acting as if he has been shot from just a minor feather-light touch to his face and the Portuguese guy totally throwing his toys out the pram and over reacting.
FFS sake sort this crap out FIFA .The whole incident makes football a laughing stock. Stop all the diving and acting like their legs are broken if someone even comes near them.
They are all supposed to be grown men . So start acting like mature adults and not 10 year old kids.

1958536_692113720825343_8491831166267609189_n.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Look at it from the bright side. Robin van Persie plays for a British team. In other words his training comes from there ;);)

But his raw talent certainly doesn't.

I was disappointed with the decision to send Pepe sent off - I was looking forward to him kicking someone in the next game.
Heaven forbid they increase his ban to 3 matches - i'll probably have to wait till the Spanish season starts.

Germany=Ominous

It's hard to see past them at this early stage - even counting the excellent dutch performance.

Upvote 0
Yet another pathetic example of play acting in the Brazil game. Their player is nearly though on goal with 2 guys in the box. The defend holds him slightly ( as all player do now anyway) but he was through and could have set up a pass. BUT NO he fell over while looking at the ref. Who correctly waived play on.

Its about time they had video replays and a 4th official. Then they could look at incidents like this and start handing out red or yellow cards post match. Its pathetic.

Upvote 0
Compared to the game with Italy, England's pass completion was poor (or seemed poor, i don't know the figures) and they barely penetrated a much less competent defence than the Italian's.

The buildup to England's goal was the kind of penetration i was expecting a fair bit of after the intent and pace shown in the last game, but there wasn't nearly enough for a team that seems to need a lot of chances to score, up against a team that only needs a few.

Still, if you told England they would last longer in the competition than Spain, they would probably think they were going to have a good world cup.

Upvote 0