• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fiew months later...

Necro-71

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
Ok guys, what is point of this thread?
People ware crying to Tripwire that they wanna new weapons. Tripwire gave it to us. Tell me if it changed something in game? In my opinnion it chnaged nothing, that's why i was from beginning against new weapons, and instead i would prefere devs to give to us new maps, perk/s, ZED/s or other KF innovation. In my opinnion weapons did not incresed KF life spawn at all. Ofcourse its fun to have more weapons but there are other things that should be done here.

Will Tripwire still be wishing to add any new innovation to the game in future? Maybe mission maps? those have large potential in co-op games? Killing Floor is one of the games i have really good memories with, i would like to play it more.

I'm of the opinion that the new weapons will cause a lot of change in the game, however, they are currently poorly balanced and not worth using. No wonder they don't seem to change anything.

Really, I think TWI should consider doing another community beta balance patch programme thing so all those who previously pitched in can all come back again and decide what's best for the new guns.

Reactions: timur and birdosrus
Upvote 0
I personally think it was something that changed the game a little. You now can "dual heal" as I call it for pure medics who know they need that extra healing weapon to switch to and heal with the gun itself. You now have that extra damaged melee weapon that can own all specimens if used correctly whilst still stunning the scrake but with the downside of speed. You can choose between sheer power or ammo capacity as a sidearm if you're sharp or not. As a firebug you now have a weapon that can blast away all specimens if used correctly. You now have that semi-shotgun like the aa12 that is cheaper and still is used as a side shotgun.

DO remember all this is what the community have been asking for a long time and they got it. TWI put their efforts into making your KF experience improved and admit it, they have. No matter what no game is going to be bug free no matter how hard you try and obviously things had happened with their patchs to give them chaos including stuff we have not seen or know about.

personally i'd say give them a break and we'll see how things go as when you think about it, they have fixed a lot of the stuff the past few months that are to do with the weapons - specially the magnum. The balance issues aren't that much to break the game or to turn anything the complete opposite way, it's still fun :)

Upvote 0
I personally think it was something that changed the game a little. You now can "dual heal" as I call it for pure medics who know they need that extra healing weapon to switch to and heal with the gun itself. You now have that extra damaged melee weapon that can own all specimens if used correctly whilst still stunning the scrake but with the downside of speed. You can choose between sheer power or ammo capacity as a sidearm if you're sharp or not. As a firebug you now have a weapon that can blast away all specimens if used correctly. You now have that semi-shotgun like the aa12 that is cheaper and still is used as a side shotgun.

DO remember all this is what the community have been asking for a long time and they got it. TWI put their efforts into making your KF experience improved and admit it, they have. No matter what no game is going to be bug free no matter how hard you try and obviously things had happened with their patchs to give them chaos including stuff we have not seen or know about.

personally i'd say give them a break and we'll see how things go as when you think about it, they have fixed a lot of the stuff the past few months that are to do with the weapons - specially the magnum. The balance issues aren't that much to break the game or to turn anything the complete opposite way, it's still fun :)

If you really "need" triple healing... odds are your team doing really poor to take that much damage...

Upvote 0
Saying that new weapons don't help the games shelf life and that everything else does is not a true statement. However, there is merit to saying that other things help improve shelf life. The truth is new maps, guns, monsters, etc all play a role in keeping a game fresh. If you updated only one of those things, or updated everything but one of those things people would be grow upset and want more.

Tripwire is not obligated to give us anything new, content wise. They do so to increase some sales and keep people playing. I think that for how cheap the game is anything that they add is great and that we should be thankful they add new content this far down the road.

For me, some new creatures and maybe an alternate boss would be exciting as there are many custom fresh maps and guns coming out thanks to a great modding community. To the people that made the shiver(spelling) and brute thank you! I love seeing new creatures.

Ultimately it comes down to people's personal preference on what makes a game fresh and exciting. I hope TW continues trying to appeal to its community in this regard.

Upvote 0
So play it more. Easy as that.

Im bored right now, have around 1k h's played in KF. Right now i prefere to play Left 4 Dead 1&2 and Payday the Heist.

what if he gots to much time with his hand? get it?

You'r so funny mate! Time with my hand! Ha! hilarious!

And also, why is CS still so damn popular? Anything to do with Mp?

Do you really asking about Counter Strike ? Maybe becouse its not co-op vs AI shooter game but team based tactic fps? CS is something else, this game is one from fiew where people can earn money playing it on competetive level. It's balanced, it's interesting, also you play against other humans, so you never dont know what will happen in next fiew secounds. Game is an legend, and has incredible amount of playability.

Saying that new weapons don't help the games shelf life and that everything else does is not a true statement. However, there is merit to saying that other things help improve shelf life. The truth is new maps, guns, monsters, etc all play a role in keeping a game fresh. If you updated only one of those things, or updated everything but one of those things people would be grow upset and want more.

Tripwire is not obligated to give us anything new, content wise. They do so to increase some sales and keep people playing. I think that for how cheap the game is anything that they add is great and that we should be thankful they add new content this far down the road.

For me, some new creatures and maybe an alternate boss would be exciting as there are many custom fresh maps and guns coming out thanks to a great modding community. To the people that made the shiver(spelling) and brute thank you! I love seeing new creatures.

Ultimately it comes down to people's personal preference on what makes a game fresh and exciting. I hope TW continues trying to appeal to its community in this regard.

Did you bother to read what i said earlier? I have nothing against Tri. I said that they did what community asked them to, and i respect them for this. My problem is, that community instead of asking something that will extend life spawn of the game, for example : new maps, new perk, new game mods, or higher levels of current perks.

So basically to make the point of all my talk here, couse i dont wanna be misunderstanded:

NEW WEAPONS ARE COOL, BUT INSTEAD OF ASKING FOR THEM PEOPLE COULD LOOK LITTLE BIT FURTHER IN THE FUTURE, AND KNOWING THAT IF WE EVER GET ANOTHER BIG UPDATE IT WILL TAKE PROBABLY LONG TIME.
So in my opinion we, as an community could have ask Tripwire Devs about something else.

This is my opinion, i will not try to convince anybody about this. I just feeled like posting here what i think. I dont wanna to insult or hurt anybody here, so nobody should get angry about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Necro I did read what you said. And as far as I know nothing I wrote supports the idea that you have anything against TW. I'm sorry if you misinterpreted what I said. I said I don't agree with the statement that new guns change nothing. But instead feel that everything content wise adds to the game as a whole and expressed which area of content I would enjoy seeing upgraded the most personally. Everyone has their own opinion and I don't want you to think that I'm attacking yours maliciously or something.

Upvote 0
If you've got over 1000 hours then I doubt perks are your major concern, go play some of the modded servers around, loads of weapons, loads of zeds, huge selection of maps and some crazy games modes. You've WPC and the mods they put out, then there are servers like Flux's and Slevek's

The reason games like this have a community that survives as long as it does is because 1, the dev in question built an awesome game and 2, the modding community that keeps generating content. TWIs official content just helps things and brings new players in. When a game has the tools to generate content you can be assured people will keep playing it. One of the reasons why UT99/UT2k4 and CS/CSS still have huge player bases, at least IMO

Upvote 0
Then don't play. What's the problem? If you want more content, create it, donate dosh to them, or quit complaining.

Yeah i don't play KF right now, also i buyed everything KF releted DLC, if Tripwire will relese payable DLC with something new for this game i will buy it, becouse im big fan of it. Problem is that, i like Killing Floor, and i wanna new things added to it.

Also dont be an a*****e. Telling somebody to create new content? Are you retarded? Not everybody releted to any game is skilled with doing new content. It's like when somebody buys a car and would want something in it to change you will tell him "create him"? If somebody dont like bread from bakery you will tell them "bake ur own?".

So no i will not create new content becoue i dont know how, but what i can do is to give my money to people who can do this, and those people are Tripwire and i will be happy about this.

edit:
If you've got over 1000 hours then I doubt perks are your major concern, go play some of the modded servers around, loads of weapons, loads of zeds, huge selection of maps and some crazy games modes. You've WPC and the mods they put out, then there are servers like Flux's and Slevek's

The reason games like this have a community that survives as long as it does is because 1, the dev in question built an awesome game and 2, the modding community that keeps generating content. TWIs official content just helps things and brings new players in. When a game has the tools to generate content you can be assured people will keep playing it. One of the reasons why UT99/UT2k4 and CS/CSS still have huge player bases, at least IMO

You are right, there are lots of mods and stuff there, im not big supporter of fan made stuff as long it's not made official. Ofcoure i played i think every mission map that was relesed (and im supporting this idea, to make it official mod, becouse it has great potential). New weapons are not that interesting, also they need balance in most of cases.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What you can also do is download custom content and support the community that creates it. You get new weapons, new specimen, new maps...

Some of them are as good or better than the standard game content made by Tripwire and all you have to do to support the people who make this is comment on their stuff! That's not much, and yet so few people do it. Make them feel that you appreciate what they produce and help keep good stuff being made for our game.:)

EDIT: And don't mind nutterbutter, he's seems to be negative about everything.

Upvote 0
I appreciate all the work that TWI has done (work that they didn't have to do but chose to) but I personally agree that new specimens would have been more enjoyable. It's most likely that we've only ever seen one new specimen because they take a lot more time and effort to develop, and what's more with too many different specimens on the field at one time it might feel less organised, and more of a free-for-all.

I do enjoy most of the weapons that were added later on, though I'd rather TWI kept the survival feel and added more makeshift weapons rather than the popular, modern ones that every CoD or BF player is used to.

Upvote 0
Why does it have to be official? You don't pay for mods, at least you bloody well shouldn't.

Heck, anything listed as white listed might as well be offical. So that includes loads of maps, the Brute and the IJC Guns. There are also other projects that come close. TWI are not just going to drop what they are doing and make you a whole bunch of content just because you were not overly fond of the last bit?

Upvote 0
Why does it have to be official? You don't pay for mods, at least you bloody well shouldn't.

Heck, anything listed as white listed might as well be offical. So that includes loads of maps, the Brute and the IJC Guns. There are also other projects that come close. TWI are not just going to drop what they are doing and make you a whole bunch of content just because you were not overly fond of the last bit?

Sorry, my english in bad, not always i post what i really wanted to say.
I appriciate community made stuff, i think they do great job. But for me, in the end counts only those things that became official, something that will be implemented in every game i will play, not only moded ones.

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0