• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Field of screams

There are some places in GrainElevator where this occurs as well. Sadly it is the only time I hear those drawn out death moans, since they don't appear anymore in actual gameplay.

Death Moans and Death Rattles, Gurgles, etc., work just fine for me....

Upvote 0
Death Moans and Death Rattles, Gurgles, etc., work just fine for me....

I only get the shorter versions and the gurgles, not those long screams or moans that draws out for what seems like a minute as they are dying and calling for their mommy. I vividly remember those from beta and made the fighting, especially the close combat encounters, very horrific.

Upvote 0
I only get the shorter versions and the gurgles, not those long screams or moans that draws out for what seems like a minute as they are dying and calling for their mommy. I vividly remember those from beta and made the fighting, especially the close combat encounters, very horrific.

This. Had them in the beta, and I don't have them anymore in the actual game.:(

Never experienced those random screams in grain elevator though. I would be scared ****less:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes, as Gudenrath said, there was a big thread about the awesome dying voices (the gurgling, crying, 30 second ones) that vanished on one of the earlier patch releases.

however, they still exist in SP. people suspected the moans were removed from MP because they were "too much" (some reviewers wrote that it was disturbing), but a Dev rejected the claim and said that they will work on bringing it back.

that was around late september-early october.

so, not much space left for optimism here, which is quite saddening, because these "little" things just add to this game so much. atmosphere is everything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The immersion is gone when only part of the voices work. Sounds weird when its quiet all game only gunfire then some weird comment all of sudden. It's broken and ruins atmosphere. Really felt you are in a real battlefield with screams and moans in the soundworld, and they were good indicators where firefights are when you heard russian voices in the next room.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I hear those too just fine.... I have my sound system set to 2 channel (Headset) stereo.

Upvote 0