• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FFArtilleryDamageScale

Innociv

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2006
I'm tired of getting kicked after 1 or 2 tk's from artillery from reaching that 300 or 800 damage max because some idiot from dod, cs, or Waxx runs into my artillery fire while it's going off, thinking they're invincible to hgue explosions or some dumb crap.

And no, there is no place you can place artillery where these idiots won't jump into it. You can put it on the roof of some building that is thought to be imposbile to get ontop of and they'll all like make a human ladder to get ontop and get tk'ed.

Yeah... earlier on I got kicked for 2 tks from arty. And I shouted in caps twice warning people not to advance into an area yet until the arty finished. 30 seconds later.. I was autokicked. Amusingly enough the same thing happened to the commander on the other team as well, who was highly complimented for his well placed arty calls by both sides.

But it's not just arty to be honest, 2 tks seems to be pretty average for servers now, and it's very very easy to get two tks. What we need is that TKforgive mutator from the mod built into the game :p

Upvote 0
not saying removing arty tk's.. just make it so it counts as less damage. There is a "FFDAmage" valuef or servers that is sually 300 or 800. artillery does like 400 damage.. so killing 2 people gets you kicked.

i'm saying add an FFArtilleryDamageScale to make arty damage be able to change.. like make it 0.25 so it you kill 8 teamates with arty before being kicked forma server taht has max FF damage at 800.

Okay it works like this..
There is a setting for max TK's(usually 3), a setting to scale explosive tk points(nades, satchels, normal 0.50), a setting to scale arty tk points(normally 0.20). With this it takes 3 bullet kills to be removed, 6 nades, or 15 artillery.
BUT
there is also a damage limit.. this is so smacktards don't just shoot everyone in the legs but not actually kill them. This is normally 300 or 800.

The problem is.. those scale things don't work with FF damage and 2 artillery kills is like 800 damage. :/
To me, this is broken and needs to be changed.

and tk forgive isn't really enough because you can kill 2 idiots at once with arty. :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
how will taht solve killing 2 people at once, and people that think it's your fault for placing artillery where they where going to be in 45seconds?

TK forgive isnt' teh solution. The FFDAmageLimit thing needs to be fixed.
Liek if it's 300 and you headshot a teamate on accident.. that's 300 damage and you get kicked for 1 tk when most servers have the damage limit at 300..

Another solution could be changing it so it never does more than 100 damage when someone is killed.. since that's all that's needed to kill.

The FF damage limit is FLAWED. A person only has 100 health, but htey can take much more damage. Like a rifle shot to the head is 300 damage or so.
So with ffdamagelimit of 300 you get kicked from 1 TK, even if the TKlimit on the server is 3.
Artillery does around 400, ramm said.. so 1 of those, or 2 if the damage limit is 800.
That damage limit thing is so smacktards can't just shoot everyones legs but not actually kill them, and there is no kick voting etc, and it's not like every server(THIS IS NO LONGER A SMALL COMMUNITY) is going to run some mutators.

This is a problem with RO that needs to be fixed.. An FFARtilleryDamageScale isn't all we need, we need the amx damage to be 100.

How the FF is handled is a good idea, it's just not working like it shouldn't. I dont' care if it worked fine this way with the mod where people didn't suicide into artillery. This isn't the mod anymore. This is no longer a small community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it could be amde to where it doens't count any shot/explosion/anything as more than 50 damage for the "FFDamageLimit" so legshtos are counted about the same as artillery and headshot kills.

Right now if you accidently headshota t eamate with the botl or kill them with artillery you go byebye..

The FFDamageLimit is a good idea, but it jsut doesn't work right when a legshot is 10-50 damage but a headshot with bolt close up is 300 and artillery is 400.

Upvote 0
Innociv said:
I'm tired of getting kicked after 1 or 2 tk's from artillery from reaching that 300 or 800 damage max because some idiot from dod, cs, or Waxx runs into my artillery fire while it's going off, thinking they're invincible to hgue explosions or some dumb crap.

Ahahaha, I had a tank setup in a very good hull down position, I was miding my business and had already killed 5 enemy tanks and was undamaged, out of no where a cs,dod,cod,css noooooob jumps in the drivers seat and drives me off... now im cussing at him in vehicle chat and he wont leave the vehicle and me alone! To top that off guess what he does next! Its genious! he drives me right into friendly artillery and gets us blown up and the friendly comander kicked for tking, IDIOTS!!!!

Upvote 0
the solution is to stop relying on spam for your kills. i could say "go play lieutenant class in rtcw if you want to rain death from the sky on your enemies", but then i would sound like you, so pretend i didn't just say it. ;)

actually when i heard about the constant arty and screen shaking i did a doubletake. the screenshake from arty in rtcw made me nauseous so i never played it. if this game is like that it may not be for me. i was thinking more along the lines of a tactical shooter/warsim, not a rock/paper/scissors type game.

Upvote 0