• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Female voice to low

MinaTepes

Jul 2, 2012
My house
Does anyone else think the female voice is waaaay to low, and is always second to the male voice. Seems like the male voice always has priorty i do not like this D: because most of the time i can't hear what she is saying because of ANYTHING its too low specimen screams and growls and guns cover it waaaay to easy.

Are you talking about the sirens and stalker's voices being to low? I agree there, but if your talking about the trader, then no, she sounds fine. And as for Ash, i havent seen anyone with her yet.
no, but now that you mention it they kinda do. But what i was trying to say was Ash Harding's voice is WAY to low. most of the time i cant hear her AND IM PLAYING as her ... so yeah i think it needs a raise

Upvote 0
no, but now that you mention it they kinda do. But what i was trying to say was Ash Harding's voice is WAY to low. most of the time i cant hear her AND IM PLAYING as her ... so yeah i think it needs a raise

Oh, ok. I cant wait til Ash gets released in August as a DLC. Im certain that Ill be joining servers with all women lol. I hope they do make her voices louder because she sounds pretty hot, in an odd way...

Upvote 0
Well I see it slightly different. I think we're so use to the male voice, we tend to not "recognise" it as an alert or something a player is saying. It's kind of hard to explain but adding new sounds to a specimen wont allow us to recognise it till we've heard it a good number of times as we're so use to the old sounds. I guess this is our brain saying "that isn't as important as this player saying "Help!" or the sound of a flesh pound around the corner".

Upvote 0
Well I see it slightly different. I think we're so use to the male voice, we tend to not "recognise" it as an alert or something a player is saying. It's kind of hard to explain but adding new sounds to a specimen wont allow us to recognise it till we've heard it a good number of times as we're so use to the old sounds. I guess this is our brain saying "that isn't as important as this player saying "Help!" or the sound of a flesh pound around the corner".
what are you talking about? i never said anything about adding sounds to specimens. im talking about players specimen quotes like "dont let that big bugger near me" or "chainsaw masscrue time" not specimens actually saying what im saying is HER specimen quotes are waaay to low like when she says "someone squish these bugs" i can barely hear here say it

Upvote 0
what are you talking about? i never said anything about adding sounds to specimens. im talking about players specimen quotes like "dont let that big bugger near me" or "chainsaw masscrue time" not specimens actually saying what im saying is HER specimen quotes are waaay to low like when she says "someone squish these bugs" i can barely hear here say it
What I was trying to explain is Ash's voice is a completely new sound to what we're use to.

Upvote 0
yes its new, but its hard to hear her, period. However, I have a hard time hearing the guys as well because usually whe nthey say something, its whenever Im near someone whos shooting, or whenever theres zeds around me, and screeching in my face. The only "speicimen spotted" voice that I usually hear often, is nearly everything about patty (machine gun arm, rocket launcher, invisable, etc.) and the siren (Quick, kill her before she speaks). Besides that I dont really hear the players speaking whenever they spot another zed.

Upvote 0