• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Female FleshPound

Wow I mean that was purely on topic and not stupid in any way.

I was looking back a couple pages back, & a few were discussing about how much the new updates made the progress slower due to distaste for them, I agree with that, I'm expressing my opinion, I can't believe how many of you get so butthurt over simple expressions of opinions

Upvote 0
I was looking back a couple pages back, & a few were discussing about how much the new updates made the progress slower due to distaste for them, I agree with that, I'm expressing my opinion, I can't believe how many of you get so butthurt over simple expressions of opinions
A little hint, say that. How are we supposed to read your comment properly if you do not tell us what you are refering to? Hmm? We're not butthurt but what you did was extremely random to say the least.

Upvote 0
A little hint, say that. How are we supposed to read your comment properly if you do not tell us what you are refering to? Hmm? We're not butthurt but what you did was extremely random to say the least.

Well it sure as hell would be better to actually take the time to look back at a page or 2 to at least figure what others are talking about. =/ No need to judge someone else based on their comment.

Upvote 0
Well it sure as hell would be better to actually take the time to look back at a page or 2 to at least figure what others are talking about. =/ No need to judge someone else based on their comment.

Makes it easier on the reader if you'll quote who you're responding to.

On topic:
So this model still hasn't came to light? What's the hold up?

Upvote 0
Hey guys, sorry for my lack of updates, despite the amount of positive feedback on the project.

I've kept away from the forum for a while for, and i haven't played KF in a while, for various reasons. Now, onto the project...

As far as the project goes, i consider it DEAD, for several reasons. I really really REALLY wanted to see this project through, but thinks don't always go as planed.

a) the 'Help wanted' thread on the modding subsection (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=86574) did not receive the attention i expected and quickly vanished from the the first pages with only a few posts. (The thread later pop'ed up with a few comments recently, and for what i can see, interest in the project still exists) Some people volunteered for voice acting and scripting, but i never really got around to actually ask them to join a team, mostly because of...

b) my utter dislike for TWI, what they are doing to the game and how they treat (some) members of their online community. I felt personally aggravated by TWI staff comments a couple of times, and my posts and private messages directed at them where never answered. I dislike their continuous disregard of a fraction of the player base in an attempt to cash out on a game that has peaked years ago, and how they chose to ignore
and alienate said player-base and continue to destroy the game, one patch at a time. It's pointless for me to ramble about why TWI sucks, as i tend to get tons of flak from TWI fanboys.

c) personal reasons (job, moving away,etc.) greatly affected my personal agenda and available time.

So yeah... i'm sorry but it's unlikely i'll continue the work on this project, or any projected related to TWI. On the one hand, i feel bad rejecting what seems like a good, healthy modding community, with tons of skilled and helpful people, specially when i had several other projects in mind.
But on the other hand, i cant bring myself to spend any more time on a game and developer that has rejected and, for lack of a less dramatic term, betrayed me as a customer and active member of the community.

with that said...

What i CAN do is provide the files in case a team does decide to come forth and bring the project to life, and if some model tweaking is needed, i'll do it.

I will NOT animate the model myself, for i'm a lousy animator and it would take me forever, and will probably look bad anyway.

All that remains is Animation, coding and sound.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys, sorry for my lack of updates, despite the amount of positive feedback on the project.

I've kept away from the forum for a while for, and i haven't played KF in a while, for various reasons. Now, onto the project...

As far as the project goes, i consider it DEAD, for several reasons. I really really REALLY wanted to see this project through, but thinks don't always go as planed.

a) the 'Help wanted' thread on the modding subsection ([url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=86574[/URL]) did not receive the attention i expected and quickly vanished from the the first pages with only a few posts. (The thread later pop'ed up with a few comments recently, and for what i can see, interest in the project still exists) Some people volunteered for voice acting and scripting, but i never really got around to actually ask them to join a team, mostly because of...

b) my utter dislike for TWI, what they are doing to the game and how they treat (some) members of their online community. I felt personally aggravated by TWI staff comments a couple of times, and my posts and private messages directed at them where never answered. I dislike their continuous disregard of a fraction of the player base in an attempt to cash out on a game that has peaked years ago, and how they chose to ignore
and alienate said player-base and continue to destroy the game, one patch at a time. It's pointless for me to ramble about why TWI sucks, as i tend to get tons of flak from TWI fanboys.

c) personal reasons (job, moving away,etc.) greatly affected my personal agenda and available time.

So yeah... i'm sorry but it's unlikely i'll continue the work on this project, or any projected related to TWI. On the one hand, i feel bad rejecting what seems like a good, healthy modding community, with tons of skilled and helpful people, specially when i had several other projects in mind.
But on the other hand, i cant bring myself to spend any more time on a game and developer that has rejected and, for lack of a less dramatic term, betrayed me as a customer and active member of the community.

with that said...

What i CAN do is provide the files in case a team does decide to come forth and bring the project to life, and if some model tweaking is needed, i'll do it.

I will NOT animate the model myself, for i'm a lousy animator and it would take me forever, and will probably look bad anyway.

All that remains is Animation, coding and sound.

Dude I feel the exact same way as you do. I think the mutators & some maps are the only reason I kept up with the game. Alot of people on the forums themselves treat each others like ****, & I believe its a mix of that, along with tripwire that is ruining the game, so in regards, I hope the best for you, as well as this game, I wanted to see the project done, but if it has to be this way, I think everyone will understand. So thank you for all your time, & everything you did to try and repair the dignity to this game.

Upvote 0
The model was made in Blender. It's been UV'd, it has a skeleton and has been weighted to it. All that remains is animating it.

However not a lot of people use blender, and that can be problematic.

For starters, blender's .3ds export is broken (or was broken in earlier versions).

Also, blender's bone coordinate system differs from the one in UDK (i posted about it HERE: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1164265&postcount=13[/URL])

Another issue with the blender is that the skeleton has Inverse Kinematic constrains (Targets for limbs) and a variety of other constrains (Actuators and Pistons) and i honestly have no idea whether these can be properly exported into other formats. Haven't tried but my guts say it probably wont.

The best course of action (as ar as i'm concerned) would be to animate in blender itself.

Upvote 0
Well, it sounds like there are a few people here who know a thing or two, so hopefully you can provide them the files and we all can see where this goes. It would be such a shame to see this beautiful piece of art, gone. Heck, even if were only able to get, ehhhh, sounds, and coding, at least its progressing towards a finish product. Or even if we get the animations, but no sound or coding, each step helps. Im interested in seeing if anyone is able to continue your work.

Upvote 0