• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Female FleshPound

I tried, but i suck at organic modeling

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Might try again someday

HOLY HELL! That is AMAZING! Its so perfect with respects to the drawings. You have got to complete it and make it into a mutator. Not sure about custom voices (maybe slightly speed up the fleshpound's voice lines), but as a model and stuff, that looks very professional. Please, please keep it up.

Upvote 0
Omg...

Omg...

Hipnox,

Personally, I say take what every one else has said about it not looking right, too clean, to weak looking, doesn't fit the KF theme, whatever else blah blah blah with a grain of salt and throw it out the damn window. YOU are the ARTIST, and it is YOUR vision of how YOU think the character should look. It's simple, if they don't like it, then they don't have to download the mod when it is done. If they think that they can do better, then let THEM make one that suits their personal tastes. I know that you asked for opinions and suggestions, and mine is to do what YOU think is right for this character. Personally, I would take her right now as how you have her and put her on my server. You are very talented, and I would not want to see your vision become twisted into a creation that you aren't happy with just because you tried to appease others.

If others were giving suggestions about gameplay balance, mechanics, stats, spawn info, animation issues, etc. then that's different. But for this current phase, follow your own heart. Art is an expression, an outlet for the artist, NOT the viewer. (do you think Picasso cared what others thought of his paintings when he was painting them?)

This is an awesome idea and creation you have, I want to see you finish it. You have my full support.

Upvote 0
@ Sanguivore

Thanks. Still, i welcome constructive criticism, even for art. Mistakes in stuff like anatomy proportion, color, or even realism usually aren't easy to spot for the artist on his own work.

Spoiler!

Here's some progress. Original Fleshpound used as reference.

Got no idea how to rig it or animate it since i'm working on blender.

Upvote 0
@ Sanguivore

Thanks. Still, i welcome constructive criticism, even for art. Mistakes in stuff like anatomy proportion, color, or even realism usually aren't easy to spot for the artist on his own work.

Spoiler!

Here's some progress. Original Fleshpound used as reference.

Got no idea how to rig it or animate it since i'm working on blender.

It just keeps getting better and better and better. Im extremely excited for this and hope to see how it turns out. Heck, if there was a way to have a female FP voice, that would be really cool. Keep up the great work.

Upvote 0
Nice work on the model. The way to rig it is to grab the bones from the specimens and attach it to your model.

I would if i could.

I am unable to find a proper *.psa importer / exporter for blender. The bones are completely broken and animations are missing.

The *.psk importer isn't that good either. It doesn't even import the correct vertex weights.

It just keeps getting better and better and better. Im extremely excited for this and hope to see how it turns out. Heck, if there was a way to have a female FP voice, that would be really cool. Keep up the great work.

I would love to make a new voice pack, if only to have the line "my eyes are up here"

Upvote 0
I would if i could.

I am unable to find a proper *.psa importer / exporter for blender. The bones are completely broken and animations are missing.

The *.psk importer isn't that good either. It doesn't even import the correct vertex weights.
What do you mean the vertex weights aren't correct? Do you mean on the default Flesh Pound model or when you add it to your female model? If you're adding it to the female model then that is expected as it's a different model and the bones have been moved. This is where most of the time will go into the rigging as the weights are a real pain.

Upvote 0
no worries, if (enphasis on the IF) i ever get to add the model to the game, i know a couple of people that could provide the voice and audio mixing

I could ask my g/f if she'd do it. She loves "zombie" games, so maybe I could talk her into it.

Sounds like a plan. Lets just keep focus on the model itself, and make sure it runs as planned. Gotta admit, I really am enjoying this female fleshpound. I know there's bewbs, but the overall feel for the fleshie, is just there. Minor things can be added later of course.

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Some might say it's a tad too "High Tech" for killing floor.. and i agree. I just don't care. :D
Personally I think this could be the "new tier from Horzine". This would allow you to follow up on the KF background and still have it fit nicely.

Boobs need to be slighty larger.

As far as the "high tech" look, pretty sure that can be solved with textures as mentioned already.
Agreed.

Upvote 0