• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Female Fleshpound project: needs a team

hipnox

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2010
On behalf of everyone who supported this project, i'm trying to gather a group of people with KF modding knowledge who are interested in putting this female fleshpound specimen into the game.

Concept art
Spoiler!

3D model
Spoiler!

(Original Female Fleshpound thread here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49120)

The model has been done in blender 2.64. It is fully textured and rigged. I'm fairly new to animating organic models and have no experience coding for UT.

The 'project' currently needs:
> Animations (skeleton changed, cannot use default animations)
> Coding
> Mutator
> Voices (Could really use a custom speechpack)
> Gibs (probably derives from the model.)

I can provide further modeling and texturing if needed.

The idea is to make it an independent zed, not a reskin

Something like...

Female Fleshpound

-------------------------------------

Appearance:
> Starts on wave 8. (leaving wave 7 with all vanilla FPs)
> Has a chance to replace vanilla Fleshpounds on waves 8+ and will spawn on their own on waves 9+.

Stats:
-Has less health than Vanilla FP (Dies to two lvl6SS Xbow Headshots on 6man HoE)
-Does less damage than Vanilla FP
+Moves Faster than vanilla FP

Rage:
> DPS to rage is lower than Vanilla FP. Will rage against a Alt fire axe to the face.
> Rage meter does not reset upon breaking line of sight
> Rage meter does not reset when attacking
> If she doesn't deal damage before the rage is over she will rage again immediately afterwards.

EDIT:

Work files : Model and textures (light textures are incomplete)
http://www.mediafire.com/?99uhihg9i92uwcz

If anyone is interested in helping out, i would truly appreciate it.

Let's make it happen people!

Lets see some boobies in KF! :D

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for my lack of updates, despite the amount of positive feedback on the project.

[this is a duplicate post of the one on the 2D artwork thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1194136]

I've kept away from the forum for a while for, and i haven't played KF in a while, for various reasons. Now, onto the project...

As far as the project goes, i consider it DEAD, for several reasons. I really really REALLY wanted to see this project through, but thinks don't always go as planed.

a) the 'Help wanted' thread on the modding subsection (this thread) did not receive the attention i expected and quickly vanished from the the first pages with only a few posts. (The thread later pop'ed up with a few comments recently, and for what i can see, interest in the project still exists) Some people volunteered for voice acting and scripting, but i never really got around to actually ask them to join a team, mostly because of...

b) my utter dislike for TWI, what they are doing to the game and how they treat (some) members of their online community. I felt personally aggravated by TWI staff comments a couple of times, and my posts and private messages directed at them where never answered. I dislike their continuous disregard of a fraction of the player base in an attempt to cash out on a game that has peaked years ago, and how they chose to ignore
and alienate said player-base and continue to destroy the game, one patch at a time. It's pointless for me to ramble about why TWI sucks, as i tend to get tons of flak from TWI fanboys.

c) personal reasons (job, moving away,etc.) greatly affected my personal agenda and available time.

So yeah... i'm sorry but it's unlikely i'll continue the work on this project, or any projected related to TWI. On the one hand, i feel bad rejecting what seems like a good, healthy modding community, with tons of skilled and helpful people, specially when i had several other projects in mind.
But on the other hand, i cant bring myself to spend any more time on a game and developer that has rejected and, for lack of a less dramatic term, betrayed me as a customer and active member of the community.

with that said...

What i CAN do is provide the files in case a team does decide to come forth and bring the project to life, and if some model tweaking is needed, i'll do it.

I will NOT animate the model myself, for i'm a lousy animator and it would take me forever, and will probably look bad anyway.

All that remains is Animation, coding and sound.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@BFMSAND. They work for me, either way, in order of display

http://puu.sh/2reG5
http://puu.sh/2rewK

@Flux; no, if I were to take the fleshpounds rig and rig it to that mesh then I could, but I can't take those animations and put them on that rig. Just wouldn't work.

And let's face it, why on earth would we want to half *** it? If we do it we should at least do it properly.

Upvote 0
And let's face it, why on earth would we want to half *** it? If we do it we should at least do it properly.
Because if its just a "reskin" atlease if TWI does another whitelist round up (God knows when), this has a chance to be WL along with the Classy Gorefast.

But i dont mind, im on both sides with this (Reskin or new enemy), as long as Hipnox gets his creation In-Game.

Upvote 0
@Flux; no, if I were to take the fleshpounds rig and rig it to that mesh then I could, but I can't take those animations and put them on that rig. Just wouldn't work.

I agree don't worry about the way this project is going, atleast get a casual release out of it maybe? Im not sure who can actually animate characters on this forums cause I certainly can't when I tried to do my own specimen.

Upvote 0
@Gartley: Nice, good to see the rig can be imported onto max at least. Smoothing groups where lost but blender's use of smoothing was never that good to begin with, so no biggie. (BTW, did i upload the model? i don't remember doing it :p)

As for the animations, the original idea was to use the original FP's animations and just make a reskin. However that idea was scrapped very early on because this model has a completely new skeleton (needed for all the mechanic parts, and because the anatomy doesn't match), which makes using the original animations impossible. (Blender coordinate system discrepancies with UT's system make the use of ANY original animation with new meshes impossible, even if the skeleton is the same, but that's besides the point. )

Like i said, I would animate it myself, but i honestly suck at it.

I honestly don't know the modding community really well, so i can't really point an say "Hey, hes an animator, he could do it!" I know Sorrow is an animator and might be interested.

Upvote 0