• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Female Fleshpound project: needs a team

Sorrow is often very busy with projects and school though, so this might be to much of a project for him to take on. I'll ask though.

You PMed me the assets a while ago when we were discussing the import/export problem. Infact, if you'd be so kind as to send me the texture that'd be great.

In the mean time I'll see what I can do about a basic setup in game just to see your creation running around. I'll redo the smoothing groups for you as well.

Upvote 0
Crap, i already made 'em :D. Still, if if you can make them better, more power to you. Or you can extract them from this files instead of having to do the whole thing again.

Files:
(Includes the model, metal and skin textures and a placeholder texture for the lights)

http://www.mediafire.com/?37whv14yqipqrhahttp://www.mediafire.com/?37whv14yqipqrha

Will add them to the first post too.

Edit: Nice animation! Much better than anything i could have done. An those grinders do look a little more dangerous than it's male's counterpart

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's currently the FP rage animation, There are artifacts that are not apparent from the front.

Btw, you mapped the textures didn't you, Becuase the flesh texture is not like the mapping, despite the metal textures being spot on. Conversion issue you think?

I think i know where the problem comes from.

The model is devided into 2 (now 3 with the light mesh) meshes and has 3 UV different UV layouts (but one isn't in use i think). On the organic mesh object, the one with all the fleshy stuff, the metal texture is mapped with the UV map called "UVMap" while the flesh texture is mapped with the UV map called "UVMap.001" This is probably a leftover from a seamless texture procedure that involves 2+ UV maps.

Maybe 3ds isn't importing al the UV information and just imports the first map.

Here's a (hopefully) fixed version.

http://www.mediafire.com/?99uhihg9i92uwcz

About the animations, can you import/export them into other files with the same skeleton? or are these files i'm sending totally useless because they require you to make the animations all over again?

BTW: is it just me or does it actually looks more menacing in-game than the original FP?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BTW: is it just me or does it actually looks more menacing in-game than the original FP?
It does.. Looks like some kind of a mini-boss. Probably because of her current size. I assume you plan on making her smaller than a male fleshpound.

Anyway, it's good to see that the project is still alive and making progress. Great work, I hope to see this specimen in the game someday. :)

Upvote 0
I'd make a CAT rig for this if My computer was working, default bones with some controllers is a bad way to go, you could even request the original FP rig from (TW Zerisus) and skin it to that. I'll see about getting some new hardware when some asshole gives Me a job and I can help if needed.

oh P.S. I won't Animate, only rig.

Upvote 0
Looking really awesome. I'm still down to help with the voice if it goes that far. Keep up the good work!

Sure, why not?

Make a few samples and we'll see how it goes from there.

I personally have no idea how she's supposed to sound.

I would go for a voice similar to the original (low pitch, mechanized), just a little more feminine. But whatever fits better will do.

Some new lines and one-liners are mandatory.
-"My eyes are up here"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd like to see more of an Fleshpound / Scrake Hybrid, for the nature of being female fleshpound afterall, and if it would be my idea, i would make it fastest enemy in-game, when raging, and attack would have somekind of kickback, but when attacking, it would'nt stop raging, just stop for a second to gather some speed, and then, rage all over again.
It's female, afterall :p

But seriously, this has LOTS of potential.
For the scale, she should be just a bit smaller than Scrake.

And do zigzag when raging.

I would jizz in my pants.

I would really want to see reactions, like
-WTF is THAT, its fast and kill everybody!!!
-OMG IT HAS NIPPLES

Your Team Was Wiped Out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought I'd share this.

Spoiler!

This is version 0.1b, a very rough port of model using animations, sounds and mechanics of the base FP. Mutator may not work, use

Code:
summon MutFFP.FemaleFP

in the console if that's the case.

What this needs:
  • Proper rigging and full animation set.
  • Sounds
  • Expanded functionality.

I've released this in the hope that someone will become interested in helping out in the areas we need.

Upvote 0
I've released this in the hope that someone will become interested in helping out in the areas we need.
well Arblarg seems eager to help out
I'm still down to help with the voice if it goes that far.
Another memeber that could help with the project could be Good-One-Driver
Check his thread, he list what he has done.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=89163

Nice job on the FemPound, i know she is squished into the skeleton mesh (well im guessing she has longer limbs) and she doesnt seem to rage, im not sure if it was done on purpose.

Upvote 0
I thought I'd share this.

Spoiler!

This is version 0.1b, a very rough port of model using animations, sounds and mechanics of the base FP. Mutator may not work, use

Code:
summon MutFFP.FemaleFP
in the console if that's the case.

What this needs:
  • Proper rigging and full animation set.
  • Sounds
  • Expanded functionality.

Will check that out and see how she looks. Although I think the most important part now, is the proper rigging and full animation set, I think it wouldn't be too bad if maybe we were able to knock off that sound part. I mean, it shouldn't be that hard, per se, just have to have like 10 or less voice lines, some kinda serious (like what the male FP says), and then some that are more unique to her being a female. I think the "Eyes up here!" is a good one. Just need a girl to do it, or a guy who can mod his voice lol.

Glad to see this project coming along. So excited for the final result!

Upvote 0