• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Female Characters

Metrion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2019
I’ve been playing kf2 for quite some time now and I’m pretty disappointed with (1) how little female characters there are in comparison to male and (2) the lame design of the few that are there! There’s so much diversity in the male characters but we get stuck with two white females? I’d love for there to be some badass but still cute females. PLEASE TRIPWIRE I NEED TO FEEL IMMERSED IN THE GAME GIVE US CUTE FEMALESSSS

I think i've said some stuff about female characters in a post-apocalyptic setting. Having more women in the battlefield would devalue the whole apocalyptic part of the apocalypse and IMO, i dunno if the game should've just had Ana Larive as the only playable female. In hindsight, this would have given the impression that she's the last woman on earth.

What i mean by the apocalypse feeling insufficiently apocalyptic is that even if we have multiple female characters, having a disproportionate number of male characters vs females would probably have the player think "Okay, we need to keep the women away from the frontlines so that humanity can last at least two more generations if we fail"

Upvote 0
I get the whole “keeping women away from the frontlines” but I have to assume in the kf universe, there’s no one left except the playable characters so if there’s already one woman why not add 4 more yanno? I’ll be honest, when I first made the post I was thinking no one would see it but I’m glad you shared your opinion :) I still hope they’ll add more but at this rate it’ll probably be maybe two more in the next 5 years :/

Upvote 0
but we get stuck with two white females? I’d love for there to be some badass but still cute females.

I think its funny how you emphasized their ethnicity, as if white women are not attractive.

Tripwire doesn't need to appeal to your insecurities.

Beyond that, I wouldn't mind more female characters being introduced.
I never play as females but I like seeing them in matches.
I'll actually have fun with it and I try to deduce if its a real woman or just another man behind the persona.

I think we all know that most of the time its just another dude.
My ex was a tiny cute girl but always played as macho male characters in video games, especially online. Go figure.

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
Jokes and SJW claims put aside... She's not wrong though. It would be neat to have more female characters. And hopefully... Not (always) behind a paywall (we, gamers, are never happy are we?)

I won't complain about the current roster. I mean...No one seems plain and that's a good thing IMO. It makes them stand out.

Ana is the token "alt-style" character, but would you really say that a goth/punk hybrid doesn't fit the killing floor-verse?

Rae is a bit trickier with her rockabilly outfit, but again...She makes for a very peculiar character that stands above the crowd. Her tattoos are stylish and her accent is cute (even if her voice might bother some people).

Mrs.Foster on the other hand... Eh, can't say I enjoy genderbent characters that much, but I guess that doesn't happen that often either? Plus its fan-service.

BUUUUT yes, we could definitely use some others. I agree with that. Why not a middle-aged woman for example? You're speaking about ethnicity, but we very rarely get to play female characters above their 30s... That'd be also quite fun.

Reactions: Metrion
Upvote 0
I think the main reason is all the extra cost in the voice work because each character has translations for all the languages. I would like to see Claudia Black return for more voice work. Her Mrs. Foster is very entertaining. The actors who do Rae, and Ava sound a little too similar and don't have great lines.

Upvote 0
I think the main reason is all the extra cost in the voice work because each character has translations for all the languages. I would like to see Claudia Black return for more voice work. Her Mrs. Foster is very entertaining. The actors who do Rae, and Ava sound a little too similar and don't have great lines.

Laura Post is a wonderful voice actress actually ! But yeah, I've been complaining about her poor French accent since the beginning...

I honestly don't get why Americans keep churning French characters in their game. They always sound awful and nowhere near close to a real french-speaker. Like...Why do they have to scramble some French words in the middle of an English sentence? Nobody does that.

I beg to differ for Rae though. I'm quite fond of her character, but that's probably due to her rockabilly design... Or not actually, I mean she got some banter as well !

Upvote 0