• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

fed up with disconnects.

gurutar

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 29, 2015
first some technical information:

running Windows 7, using my phone's data plan for internet via tethering (unlimited 4GLTE)

problem: i'll be playing a match and the game will quit to the main screen (with multiplayer, host game etc) without an error message of any kind. one moment i'm playing and the next i'm looking at the main menu.

things i've tried: deleting my system folder and verifying game cache, turning off firewalls/antiviruses.

this problem is a MAJOR ENJOYMENT KILLER for this game. i paid $40 for two copies, one for me and one for my friend via steam, and for a game that's been around this long, this should not be happening. i have no issues with my internet connection in regards to any other online game i play, and i play a lot, so that's not the issue.

somebody please help me with this. if Steam offered refunds i would have returned the game when all the suggested fixes didn't work.

i'm praying someone can help me. i've been troubleshooting this problem for the last ten hours, trying every possible fix i've come across and the problem still persists. i want to punch a hole through my monitor every time i crash to the main menu. this game is so much fun, it's my favorite game to play right now, but i can't enjoy it because i'm constantly anticipating my game crashing.

Upvote 0
Are you sure you're not getting any packet losses or lag spikes on your 4G connection causing a disconnect? What other games do you play online?

several multiplayer Steam games like Warframe, Defiance and Path of Exile. no problems with any of these games. no problems with non-steam games either. i am connected to my phone's data network via USB cable and wireless wifi hotspot simultaneously, and the app i use for tethering, PdaNet+, never reports any disconnects or reconnects.

Upvote 0
after monitoring my 4GLTE connection, i've concluded that you're right, i am frequently losing or experiencing a degradation of my network connection. looks like it's time to get cable internet back. thanks. this thread can be locked/deleted now.

Sorry to hear that, but it's good that you've located the issue.
KF is pretty old by now and some games are more sensitive than others when it comes to lag spikes and dropped packages.

Best of luck with your cable.

Upvote 0