• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fed up of hyped games getting 10/10?

I have never said the IW couldn't learn from TWI. You seem to put me down as TWI bashing which was not my intention. They are by far in the best group of game developers I have ever come across and the community support makes it worth the price tag. However if they really wish to become succesful this will not do it alone. Yes its great for those who stick through the tough first weeks but far to often I have heard (in person not just forums) people liked the game but were put off by the Un-intuative movement/bugs/glitches which i am willing to overlook as i enjoyed the game so much but in a competitive market you really can't afford to give a person a reason to not enjoy your game (other than personal taste that is)

Upvote 0
No i mean you cant interupt a lot of the motions so you want to say stand up and move instead of reloading that mg. In real life thats easy, of course you leave the mg behind or whatever but you might get lucky a team mate shoots him and you return to your gun. Not the best example but there are plenty of "why cant i ...." in RO. And again i personally don't have issues with this but plenty of players do.

Upvote 0
Plus the game is going on two years old, and he doesn't play multiplayer. Not a chance of RO being reviewed I'm afraid.

Plus, people already got very annoyed when he reviewed all those other games instead of Assassins Creed and CoD4, imagine how they'll react when he reviews a 2 year old niche game that most of them probably haven't even heard of.

Upvote 0
Wow I'd say that was probably the best I've seen from him, thought it was quite funny.

Although I think he kinda overdid the whole "this game is racist" thing. What kind of bad guys do you expect when the game takes place in the Caribbean and other South American tropical isles? Last I checked, most of the people that live in that area of the world are either hispanic or black. Over half the game's bad guys are white anyway (which is quite disproportionate considering the geographic area) so I'm surprised people aren't angry about blacks and hispanics not getting enough representation. Also, I've played through this game more than a couple times and I can honestly say that I never saw any asian pirates or mercenaries, which is odd since he claims some of the baddies are asian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0