• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fed up of hyped games getting 10/10?

Yahtzee made a game;

"The Escapist is pleased to present The Art of Theft, the latest game from Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw. The Art of Theft is a mission-based stealth platformer, with an emphasis on gameplay over story. Your goal is to infiltrate a variety of buildings in Chapow City, steal loot, achieve objectives and get out again with the subtlety of a flickering shadow in a ninja outfit."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/games/yahtzee/artoftheft

45163.jpg

Its quite hard at the start to learn, but has a good back story which keeps me playing. And I LOVE the simplistic graphics, you dont need more when the gameplay is this good :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...2675-Zero-Punctuation-F-E-A-R-Perseus-Mandate

This week Yahtzee reviews F.E.A.R Perseus Mandate. It's funny, but Assassins Creed, CoD4, and UT3 would of all made better games to review this week. F.E.A.R isn't exactly the hottest game of the season now is it?

ZP this week is the new FEAR expansion. Yeah, yeah, boo hoo, why aren't I reviewing all the important new stuff like Call of Doody 4 and Piss Effect. F*** you. I wanted the opportunity to talk about the FEAR series. You'll take what I give and like it you sl*t. Plus sometimes it takes a while for the very newest stuff to trickle down to me from the source so give me a god damn break.

YC

As quoted from his site.

Upvote 0
To be honest, Crysis is the only game so far which has lived up to its own hype (well, along with UT3 as well). CoD 4, while it features beautiful graphics and art assets, is too linear, and Bioshock, while heavily original, didn't captivate me as much as I would have thought. Although Bioshock was extremely interactive, it simply wasn't engaging enough to be a Half-Life 1 or 2 buster for me.

And Enemy Territory...talk about a massive let down in of itself. I've been looking forward to that game for years and what does it turn out to be? A generic sci-fi MMOG arcadefest. Nothing new here folks, keep moving... Don't even get me started about Perseus Mandate, which is essentially a regurgitation of F.E.A.R. 1 with a nonsensical storyline. I honestly believe that the developers of Perseus Mandate have given up on any kind of coherent story, and instead thrust you back into the all too familiar urban landscape for another walk in the park so you can blow the hell out of people/things with a rocket launcher.

/endrant

Also have yet to play Assassin's Creed, which looks incredible from what I've seen, but will it also live up to its hype or fail outright?

Upvote 0
Crysis SP is awesome, COD4 multiplayer actually offers something different, but in the end I will probably be spending the majority of my online time in Quake Wars over the next year. Yes it has twitch gunplay, but the overall focused strategic game I think is unmatched right now. I mean it's Quake, what do you expect? I have to give props to SD for crafting such a finely balanced intricate gem.

Bioshock imho was junk and shouldn't even be discussed in the same thread as these other games.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0