• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server fastdl.io redirect closedown 31/03/2015. Where to next?

https://fastdl.io was great free redirect service. Sadly it is now closing down. Is there any other free or cheap alternatives?

I used Skillz redirect earlier, which was great, but the common problem with publics is that some files there were mismatch with mine, which is annoying.

Best thing to do in that situation is to use what's on the public redirect. Just download the file, uncompress it and use it. If it's a corrupted or broken file then just upload the correct one over writing the bad one.

Also make sure you use the latest versions of whatever mod you're using. Newer versions have priority over older versions.

Additionally, I do offer private redirects for a cheap price.

Upvote 0
I believe I can setup some free (public like Skillz) or private (cheap price) redirections through my business. www.fluxiservice.com. If you want, I can see what I can do for you :)

Free would be ****ing awesome public or not :) My redirect file archive has bloated to 2.2GB. So 3GB would be the space i need, well 2GB if i remove all the unnecessary files. Do you already have public redirect available?

I am not sure if i keep running my servers for very long time, KF2 coming up and all. Could be that i shut em down within few months. So i don't want to sign up for a long time lease plan. I maybe able to get things worked up with that Skillz service too if i just drop the stuff that has mismatches or replace the files if it is ok with Skillz.

Upvote 0
You pay per month for the private and uploading correct (newest versions) of mods are okay with me.

Don't remember what all files were the problem, but there was this one weapon (don't remember what) that had some mismatch with brute gunner perk. That probably is not the issue with heavy gunner perk. Some vehicle files had issues too if i remember correctly. Some of those vehicle expansion pack files are mismatch too (unreal versions). I downloaded them and unpacked and they didn't work until i saved them with KFED.

But, i think i try to work things out with your public service. It already has most of my files :cool:

Upvote 0
But, i think i try to work things out with your public service. It already has most of my files :cool:

Probably is the best thing to do. Your problem will happen everywhere where people use. Version mismatches generally happen because people don't rename files for updates or customise specific files that aren't theirs and don't rename. Trust me, I had this problem many years ago for UT (which lead me to Skillz back in them days too...and had the same after a year or so :p)

Upvote 0
Yeah GameServers.net went out of business, but before they did they use to host public redirects for all sorts of games. Since UT was a game I used to play a lot back then as well as host a dozen or so servers I stepped up and took over their redirects. Well mostly. I was able to get their entire UT and UT2k4 public redirects transferred to my server, but I didn't have enough room for UT3 or UT2k3 at the time so those files were unfortunately lost forever. :eek:

Upvote 0