• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Far Cry 2

It won't be realistic in the slightest (I only mention this because of developer claims along the lines of "we're going for more realism"), but I'd still like to get my hands on it. I like the change of setting and the change of style (stupid mutants ftl) and there are some nice new features that I'm hoping to see emulated and expanded on for the majority of future games.

I enjoyed FarCry and I'll probably enjoy Crysis too. I just hope that FarCry 2 doesn't suck. :)

Upvote 0
I wish they put the ejection ports on the correct side of the gun

They could have easily done that but they chose to put them in line of sight to appease and impress what theyh see as the console kiddie crowd.

It's called marketing demographics. Their target buyer is the 12-18 year old.

Still bothers me that they claim realism and then purposly make it unrealistic this way to sell more game to a younger audience.

The irony being IMHO that both older and younger audiences wants realism so the developers are basically insulting ALL of our intelligence and actually hurting their own sales.

Upvote 0
yea, it's got nothing to do with kiddie console crowd, it's about the added dramatic effect of seeing the moving parts of the gun.

Exactly. They felt that the younger crowd would be turned off if they did not see some kind of action on the weapon. They did the same thing in STALKER. Just dumb IMHO. Lots of people complained about it in STALKER and nobody cared what we thought.

Some say it's not a big deal but to me it kills emersion as every time I look at it I am reminded that I am playing a game. A game designed for kids.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
what makes you think that its aimed for the kiddy crowd?, liking realism makes you feel like a grown up or something?

as for me, I do not care, if the game feels real is fine, I don't know anything about guns and I never will, cause I'm in a no-gun country, so, as long as I care, they could add a plasma gun with ironsights, and I would be hapy with it anyway

Upvote 0
Well I had this same discussion before about this game and STALKER and somebody much more knowlegable than me explained the marketing demographics too me. IIRC somebody from the STALKER develpment team even explained that when everybody was upset that the weapons were nixed.

Rest assured I have regained faith in adult gaming with my purchase of COD4 and I will vote with my wallet by passing up on FC2.

Which is a shame because I really was hoping they would fix the mirror image weapons thing before release. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Upvote 0