Far Cry 2

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

kapulA

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
Croatia
I hope it has lions. >:3
Edit: After seeing the videos I am epically hyped. CURSE YOU UBISOFT!

PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
www.ragequit.com
It won't be realistic in the slightest (I only mention this because of developer claims along the lines of "we're going for more realism"), but I'd still like to get my hands on it. I like the change of setting and the change of style (stupid mutants ftl) and there are some nice new features that I'm hoping to see emulated and expanded on for the majority of future games.

I enjoyed FarCry and I'll probably enjoy Crysis too. I just hope that FarCry 2 doesn't suck. :)

Soviet

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 23, 2007
I must be the only person that enjoyed Far Cry from beginning to end. Played it on the highest difficulty level too. The ending is unbelievably difficult, but in a much less annoying way than COD4.

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
may this one be the first time that a new dev group do a better job than the original developers would?, it looks that way, I'm hoping that it'll be the same thing for Operation Flashpoint 2

GonzoX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 6, 2006
home.roadrunner.com
I wish they put the ejection ports on the correct side of the gun

They could have easily done that but they chose to put them in line of sight to appease and impress what theyh see as the console kiddie crowd.

It's called marketing demographics. Their target buyer is the 12-18 year old.

Still bothers me that they claim realism and then purposly make it unrealistic this way to sell more game to a younger audience.

The irony being IMHO that both older and younger audiences wants realism so the developers are basically insulting ALL of our intelligence and actually hurting their own sales.

Pharnakes

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2007
Ehh? Why the hell would you put the ejection port on the wrong side? What are they hopping to gain?

I knew something was grating on me when I watched that latest vid, but I couldn't work out what. It didn't even occur to me that it would be this, I mean what's the point?

Profe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 29, 2007
yea, it's got nothing to do with kiddie console crowd, it's about the added dramatic effect of seeing the moving parts of the gun.

GonzoX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 6, 2006
home.roadrunner.com
yea, it's got nothing to do with kiddie console crowd, it's about the added dramatic effect of seeing the moving parts of the gun.

Exactly. They felt that the younger crowd would be turned off if they did not see some kind of action on the weapon. They did the same thing in STALKER. Just dumb IMHO. Lots of people complained about it in STALKER and nobody cared what we thought.

Some say it's not a big deal but to me it kills emersion as every time I look at it I am reminded that I am playing a game. A game designed for kids.:rolleyes:

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
what makes you think that its aimed for the kiddy crowd?, liking realism makes you feel like a grown up or something?

as for me, I do not care, if the game feels real is fine, I don't know anything about guns and I never will, cause I'm in a no-gun country, so, as long as I care, they could add a plasma gun with ironsights, and I would be hapy with it anyway

GonzoX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 6, 2006
home.roadrunner.com
Well I had this same discussion before about this game and STALKER and somebody much more knowlegable than me explained the marketing demographics too me. IIRC somebody from the STALKER develpment team even explained that when everybody was upset that the weapons were nixed.

Rest assured I have regained faith in adult gaming with my purchase of COD4 and I will vote with my wallet by passing up on FC2.

Which is a shame because I really was hoping they would fix the mirror image weapons thing before release. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
ok then, but... what's so adult about COD4? magic regeneration?, isn't it worse than the mirror guns since it really alters the gameplay?

DraKon2k

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
LMAO. The game is for kids because ejection ports are on the wrong side. Never heard something as stupid as that. How can someone bother with something as unimportant as that(especcially in a game like Far Cry2 which will have some rather realistic features but is definitely not a simulation). No-Life indicator is ringing once again.

SheepDip

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Elitist Prick Club
It's not a big thing, but as with all games, if you're going to use real world items in a virtual world you could at least make them accurate.

I fail to see the point otherwise, you may as well make up your own guns.