• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Falling under map @ spawn

Today, on oldgits.co.uk, on TE-Station, playing as allies, semiauto.

IIRC ~50/64 players in game at initial spawn, filled up quite fast to 64/64 but not sure if it was full at the time of this glitch occurrence.

Spawned at initial allies spawn point, no problems. Got killed. Spawned on spawnpoint 1 (outside in track area). Fell through map. Died. Spawned again on spawnpoint 1. Fell through map. Died.

Got bored, selected spawnpoint 2, did not fall through map. (Died afterwards, but on enemy fire, not due to falling through stinking fascist weakly acausal D2-brane boundary condition...)

EDIT: Drop was fast. On 2nd drop, thought of taking snapshot, F12 was only Planck's length away, but no joy...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It has happened several times on Apartments. Again last night it happened at least twice to different players.

Not necessarily the start of the map, most in mid-game. . . . .

Think it must be related to latest patch . . . but not able to reproduce.

kba

Happened to me several times now. And i am talking about the russian side.

Upvote 0
I have had this happen on Apartments too, only since the last patch, initial spawn is ok, but after Objective A & B are captured selecting Spawn point one which spawns you by the wall on the west bridge I fell through map and died.
I think one of the spawn points may be overlapping the wall causing you to fall under it

TE 38 man server, full

Upvote 0
This has clearly come after the latest patch. Happened at least in Station, Apartments and Spartanovka. I'd say I've fallen in the abyss from spawn about 10-20 times after the patch. Sometimes even 2 times in a round. Playing as a soviet most or every time.

Station: As a Soviet it happened in the left spawn point, probably when every cap was still in Soviet control.
Apartments: Soviet, in the dried river/ big ditch after taking A & B.
Spartanovka: Soviet, at least at the right spawn point behind the Town hall

When playing in Spartanovka on the Soviet side you can also spawn a bit above ground and fall down on the ground non-lethally. Is this somewhat related to the fall-through-ground bug? If the spawning happens in the bug below the ground, you will fall in the abyss? Spawning level/height isn't correct perhaps? New spawn causing this? At least in apartments you fall down in the new spawn point. I don't think the non lethal falling above ground level in Sprta happens every time but it certainly isn't rare. Left Soviet spawnpoint behind Town hall is the only place I've spawnfallen nonlethally if I remember correctly.

Most or every time I played in a 64 player server.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Had it the first and only time on Apartments last night. Spawning on allied Spawn 1 after having taken West and East Bridge. I spawned on the slope but went right through it imeediately, no chance of moving or anything.

I have tried falling under map when climbing out of trenches in Spartanvoka, but never when just spawning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had this happen on Commissar's House yesterday - I was right of building 81 at the edge of the trench heading to objective C; when I pressed space to climb out of the trench I ended up in this weird limbo going either up, down and eventually fell into the map. Edit: this was not at spawn.

I had it happen on Spartanovka as well, but I can't remember the details.

Upvote 0